JDM tail lights question

ive got a question about the jdm tail lights..

i know the head lights for face lift and pre facelift are different...

but are the TAIL LIGHTS different as well for the JDM ones...

using E-Gene's... :P

JDM tail light

do they have this tail light for face lift and pre face lift? if so... are they different in fitting?

I have a pre face lift corolla

when did the pre face lift end in JAPAN?

thx people

yes the tail lights pre facelift vs face lift are different in terms of how they connect up to the car and how the bulbs etc are setup ..... the picture of the JDM lights are pre facelift tail lights .... in japan the face lift model shares the same tail lights as us here in aus .....

oooo does that mean.. any JDM tail light will fit my pre face lift rolla! :)

coz i know dennis has that on his face lift...

did he mod it to make it fit?

Not any JDM light i would probably limit it to say just that 1 u had pictured .... im not sure about any others.

Yes Dennis had to mod it to make it fit by sourcing a prefacelift harness i think it was or he got Daniel to make one up i cant remember but when i saw the lights they were a direct plug and play into a preface lift corolla

Not any JDM light i would probably limit it to say just that 1 u had pictured .... im not sure about any others.

Yes Dennis had to mod it to make it fit by sourcing a prefacelift harness i think it was or he got Daniel to make one up i cant remember but when i saw the lights they were a direct plug and play into a preface lift corolla

yep those light is plug and play for pre facelift, how do i know? they're on my car now :yahoo: , e-gene and i(mostly e gene) did the swap in about 20min, just unscrew, unplug, screw and plug, thats it, and e gene says it needs some mod to be done to facelift to be able to work, thats y he only wanted pre facelift owners to buy

as for finding them on the net, its very hard..... i kept an eye out for it for half a year, and not one pop up, but i know ignition x can import them, maybe try them first, they also sell jdm headlights, but its gonna cost u a bit

Edited by sportiyo

yep those light is plug and play for pre facelift, how do i know? they're on my car now :yahoo: , e-gene and i(mostly e gene) did the swap in about 20min, just unscrew, unplug, screw and plug, thats it, and e gene says it needs some mod to be done to facelift to be able to work, thats y he only wanted pre facelift owners to buy

as for finding them on the net, its very hard..... i kept an eye out for it for half a year, and not one pop up, but i know ignition x can import them, maybe try them first, they also sell jdm headlights, but its gonna cost u a bit

so its you who took my tail light!! :angry: hahahahah :lol: j/k

anyway.. mines a pre face lift.. so it should fit..

IGNITION - X is closed i think..

but i saw his car with the stickers still on.. did it re open somewhere?

the only thing i need to make those RUNX tail light works on my facelift Sportivo are the wiring loop for pre-facelift and wire it up. you can get them from Toyota for $3x each (what a rip off!!) ended up getting the same thing from a wrecker (after few unpleasant experiences, Xoom and Sunny should know what i am talking about).

sportiyo, did you manage to light up the inside part of the tail light?

for reference with the sedan i had to buy new sockets as the original ones do not fit into the jdm tail lamps (toyota changed the thread size). the sockets alone cost me over $100 for the set and being jdm there is extra socket on both sides.

i had to rewire them in order to work because jdm to aust gets mixed up, i found that for example brake activated the reverse bulb, indicate activated the brake bulb. after thinking about the problem rewiring them was easy. cannot explain how it was done here though because it is complicated to put down in words.

the only thing i need to make those RUNX tail light works on my facelift Sportivo are the wiring loop for pre-facelift and wire it up. you can get them from Toyota for $3x each (what a rip off!!) ended up getting the same thing from a wrecker (after few unpleasant experiences, Xoom and Sunny should know what i am talking about).

thx dennis!

but wts this with the inside light!?

wtf? man lucky i got a hatchback :P

what do u mean?

what do u mean?

hey sportiyo... a picture tells a thousand words... ;)

Dennis' stivo with JDM tail lights

does yours light up like his??

hes got a bunch of photos of his rolla's back

ended up getting the same thing from a wrecker (after few unpleasant experiences, Xoom and Sunny should know what i am talking about).

hahahahahahahahaha yes the old "they cost 2 much for you" incident :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sportiyo (ex e-gene) is the same i know because i sold them to trd141 who used them first them sold to e-gene.

so sportiyo you are the 3rd hand :)

good to see the parts staying in melbourne family.

xploshun i can keep an eye out for a set over here for you and if the wiring is different rewire it for you before shipping it downunder.

does yours light up like his??

hes got a bunch of photos of his rolla's back

what do u mean?

i mean this:

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

ended up getting the same thing from a wrecker (after few unpleasant experiences, Xoom and Sunny should know what i am talking about).

hahahahahahahahaha yes the old "they cost 2 much for you" incident :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

damn Lebo....

:nono::nono::nono:

what do u mean?

i mean this:

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

damn Lebo....

:nono::nono::nono:

yeah i think its same as yours, r there 2 versions?

there are 2 versions

a few years ago only 2 sets were in melb. the first set trd141 took and later sold to e-gene. the other set i cannot remember where it went.

both sets were chosen to be plug and play with no modifications required.

there are 2 versions

a few years ago only 2 sets were in melb. the first set trd141 took and later sold to e-gene. the other set i cannot remember where it went.

maybe mr runx? i saw his car few years ago, b4 i had the rolla, and saw his tail light and fall in love with it instantly :P

whats the other version like?

nono i dont mean there's two versions.

what i mean is the brake light that light up on either side of the reverse light.

me and waiwong38 has 4 brake lights (+ 1 one the spoiler, mine wasnt light up coz i was taking the photo) vs 2 on oridinary corollas

nono i dont mean there's two versions.

what i mean is the brake light that light up on either side of the reverse light.

me and waiwong38 has 4 brake lights (+ 1 one the spoiler, mine wasnt light up coz i was taking the photo) vs 2 on oridinary corollas

iam not sure, havent get some one to look, but if yours do i think mine should too, every thing else is the same, indicator light, reverse light and etc, i wonder how many people have these in au? bloody jap, always get the good stuff :)

sorry being off topic, Marcus, do u know how much for a set of jdm headlights in japan?

there are 2 versions

maybe mr runx? i saw his car few years ago, b4 i had the rolla, and saw his tail light and fall in love with it instantly :P

yes it was mrrunx! he bought a lot of good stuff from a car that was changed to stock.

the jdm head lamps come in 2 varieties. the original is clear chrome with the black shading. the other one is light blue chrome with the black shading. about $240 a pair for the original and more for the light blue chrome.

there are 2 versions

yes it was mrrunx! he bought a lot of good stuff from a car that was changed to stock.

the jdm head lamps come in 2 varieties. the original is clear chrome with the black shading. the other one is light blue chrome with the black shading. about $240 a pair for the original and more for the light blue chrome.

240!! ignition x wanted 500!