Eyelids onto a Face-Lift Corolla

Silly-Karr

Alright guys here is a write up on how to put a set of eyelids on a face-lift Corolla.

Double sided tape GTFO

I bought these off Freddy at Topstage They come unpainted and are made of fibreglass. He's located in MEL and he was very easy to communicate with through e-mail and phone calls.

I asked him if I was to get multiples would he do a discount and he said yes!

DSC060611.jpg

The eyelids were painted at Highpoint Smash (formerly Houdini Smash but change of ownership and business name) as this is the place I take my stuff to get sprayed. Im very happy with their quality and workmanship and would gladly go back there again.

DSC06074.jpg

DSC06075.jpg

So down to business these are the materials I used to put these puppies on:

- Eyelids

- Wax and Grease remover

- Bostick Gold

- Caulk gun

- Masking tape

- A few rags and some hot water mixed with detergent

DSC06081.jpg

First clean your headlight free of dirt and oil/grease with a rag dipped in a hot detergent solution (dishwashing liquid ;) ) then let dry off.

DSC06082.jpg

Go over the area again with a dry rag with some wax and grease remover and let to dry. It should take a few seconds.

Then give the eyelids a quick wipe over with a clean rag and prep the caulk gun and Bostik Gold. Now would be about the time to pre-determine where your going to place the eyelids so have a quick sqwizz and make sure you know where your going to place them.

Now place three dabs of Bostik Gold spaced apart on the back of the lids.

DSC06083.jpg

TIP: Try not to place it too close to the edges coz when you press it down it could squirt out the side

Stick it down and get your misso/freind to keep it in place whilst you go over with the masking tape.

DSC06086.jpg

NOTE: You can never have enough masking tape

Repeat for the other side.

Then give it a few hours to let the Bostik to do its job and give it a wiggle to see how it has set. If you can still move it a bit let it set abit more and when your happy undo the masking tape and voila!

DSC06084.jpg

Thats how I did it anyways and when Im about to do something with the car I dive in head first then ask questions later... Have fun!

Cheers

Luke

Edited by Silly-Karr

Hey Luke, how much did you get your eyelids painted for? and is Bostik Gold permenent? what if you want to take it off. Seeing you already stuck the eyelids on im asuming you wont do the black headlights suround mod.

Good write up mate

Hey Luke, how much did you get your eyelids painted for? and is Bostik Gold permenent? what if you want to take it off. Seeing you already stuck the eyelids on im asuming you wont do the black headlights suround mod.

Good write up mate

I got them painted for $80 so yeah as I said I go head first into everything and didnt even think of the black surround mod oops...

Im also fairly sure the Bostik isnt permanent as I remember Freddy telling me how to take it off if I wanted to but I cant remember right now.

Im sure though If i was to do the black surround mod I would pre-heat the oven and the Bostik would eventually heat up and free the eyelids... Hrmmzz I'll let you know as Jonny and I will prolly do it together.... :ph34r: Headlight mod that is haha.

how are the edges sitting?

i have no idea whats holding mine down lol

i need to get a new headlight first anyway, found cracks on mine from the drive to lakes entrance, might get the ones alex has for sale, then paint them and swap over

how are the edges sitting?

To be quite honest I think the bonding of the Bostik has pulled it down pretty close to the edge. It is raised by about 1-2mm

I've used 3M double sided tape for these eyelids since I got them about 2 years ago. Haven't had a single problem.

Yeah I was going to use it but Freddy was saying he's had people come back because their eyelids flew off whilst they were driving.

Good write up mate

hey man i had my eyelids on already without the JDM style headlight and put it in the oven and done the spraying and taking apart the headlight and the glue on the eyelid didint even move a inch i got mine sanded primed painted and installed at

DB panels in footscray for around 300 with my wing tips so dont think u need to take it off mayb a different glue might heat up and come off but the one he stuck one mine arent going anywhere =]

wings, headlights, lower and you'll be bankai#2 :D

Yeah I know.... but its all about the love mang!?!! I also realise BANKAI has slim line weather sheilds, well guess what? I've also got a set coming too, so we can be twins ha.