For those who use Genuine Toyota Oil Filters....

Wixy

Well,

I have finally found some proof, about the construction of toyota filters.

I'm not saying they are bad, they definitely arent, but sometimes for the price you are paying to get a genuine toyota oil filter, $2 to $4 more you can get yourself a far superior oil filter off the shelf.

The oil filter was for a supra, but its the same for camrys, made in the same country - Thailand.

I now know which oil filter to get for my camry. although just a camry, id want it to last for a long long time, oil and oil filter is the life and blood of one's car.

Take your time to read this

Edit: K&N oil filters are rrp $20. steep, but when u use it with an entertainment card (for those that buy the book from charities) voucher that has 20% off, its better than what you can get else where or at the dealers.

Edited by Wixy

ive got that service advantage for my car, so i pay $100 for every service i have for first 3years! dont care what they use, if it buggers up, warranties your friend. :)

ive got that service advantage for my car, so i pay $100 for every service i have for first 3years! dont care what they use, if it buggers up, warranties your friend. :)

but the inconvenience of something stuffing up and the fact they will try to dodge their way out of paying a warranty claim sucks balls.

$12

some dealers in vic charge $15-$17 for theirs. with that money, you can purchase an Purolator Pure One for $16.99 from AutoPro stores.

however, K&N like to overcharge theirs for $22, eventhough the PureOne is of the same construction and the preferred oil filter by most diy-ers.

Wow, if the exchange rate gets a little better, you guys would be better off buying the 10 pack of filters from the dealer and having then shipped there.

mmm,

though that might be a good idea, we'd need to get them from U.S or strictly Japan only, as thailand made toyota oil filters are just as ordinary as the ones you can get off the shelf here.

OEM 1MZ filters are normally like $5-$6. Some dealers you can get a case of 10 for around $35USD. I need to weight one and see how heavy they are. I wonder what shipping would be.