Handling mods

marc2020

I was reading about how the sportivos have more rear bracing, but what exactly does this mean? Anybody got any pics? I was thinking if there was any way of improving the handling a touch. I liked my touring for its smooth ride, and I dont want to compromise it too much.

Or am I asking for too much? lol

All Aurion's have the rear bracing behind the seat. It was briefly talked about here, but I'll attach another diagram to show the bracing behind the seat. It may depict a Sportivo, but all Aurion's are the same:

aurioninternalsbj3.jpg

After changing your tires for something a bit more grippy, if you want to improve handing, you can look into an UltraRacing Front Strut Bar, 4 point Front Brace, and Rear Sway Bar Upgrade

n20513966320612148426xx2.th.jpg

Those may say it's for a Camry (and even shows the 2.4L model), but it is a direct fit with the Aurion. Those may help stiffen things up a bit, but if you really want to improve everything, you will need to look into changing your suspension as well.

Lol djkor i always seem to find u in every thread i look into hahaha...u're full of INFO!!! rock on man

n btw i've bought the front strut bar...n i rekon all aurion drivers would realise that there is a lot of body roll

during turns especially round abouts and etc!! after i install the struty...BEAUTY !!!! i defitnely felt the difference

less body roll defitnely helped my turnin!! i can actually speed up in a turn wifout my car slamming me towards my door :P

ps: the ultra racing strut wasn't completely a bolt straight on strut...it FITS but u need to put a bit of effort to get it in.

but regardless well money paid for!

Thanks guys. I just spend a lot of time reading around and seeing what others are doing. I can only research for now while I'm still on a student budget. I like to know the ins and outs of my car as well. I am a very hands on person. Anyways, there was one more thing I was going to mention in regards to extra body stiffening; a floor bar. This one would only be for those really serious about doing what they can. These are pictures from an 07 Camry (it should be mounted more further back):

car2006ap7.th.jpg car2007uv8.th.jpg

And this is what it looks like in a Subaru. Notice how it is mounted further back:

130071004z2007subaruimpgq3.th.jpg

If one was considering this for the Aurion, I reckon that if it were all the way back as far as possible, it shouldn't be an issue for anyone sitting in the back. If you sit in the rear of the Aurion, you will notice that there is quite a bit of leg room. You could easily sit with your feet forward slightly to avoid the bar.

n btw i've bought the front strut bar...n i rekon all aurion drivers would realise that there is a lot of body roll

during turns especially round abouts and etc!! after i install the struty...BEAUTY !!!! i defitnely felt the difference

less body roll defitnely helped my turnin!! i can actually speed up in a turn wifout my car slamming me towards my door :P

Just orded this about 20 mins ago.. $225 delivered to the door(Darwin). Good price

Ok I have done some research and it seems that we probably wont need the strut bracing as thats really only needed for lots of track work. I also read that for FF cars like the aurion, its best to have a heavier setup at the rear than the front. So I am gonna ask for a quote for just the front and rear sway bars.

Ok I have done some research and it seems that we probably wont need the strut bracing as thats really only needed for lots of track work. I also read that for FF cars like the aurion, its best to have a heavier setup at the rear than the front. So I am gonna ask for a quote for just the front and rear sway bars.

True dat... check this:

TIP NO.7 - FRONTAL ASSAULT

Front wheel drive cars have their own idiosyncrasies, not the least of which is that they tend to understeer. The big fix here, is to install a castor kit and to increase the thickness of the rear sway bar.

Yea, thats why I am hoping we just need those two bars.

Lol djkor i always seem to find u in every thread i look into hahaha...u're full of INFO!!! rock on man

ps: the ultra racing strut wasn't completely a bolt straight on strut...it FITS but u need to put a bit of effort to get it in.

I was taking a look at the engine bay, and I was wondering if you had any trouble mounting it with the air box thingy in the way. You got pics?

• 2 weeks later...

a light tap with a mallet and it fits quite easily

i was worried it didnt fit when i installed mine, tapped it once and it went on :)