Looking for a sway bar

Ray89

im looking for a sway bar for my ZRE if anyone see's one please let me no :D thanks everyone

check out our sponsor.. ultra racing..

just email them asking if those braces would fit on the hatchback version bcos the ones they display are fitted on the sedan version ZRE so yeah thanks for the help

im looking for a sway bar for my ZRE if anyone see's one please let me no :D thanks everyone

just email them asking if those braces would fit on the hatchback version bcos the ones they display are fitted on the sedan version ZRE so yeah thanks for the help

i cant confirm but i got some braces that are meant for the sedan (altis in malaysia) and it fits perfectly on my hatch..

i cant say the same for the newer model but all the new corolla let it be sedan or hatch uses the same chassis (why wouldnt they) so if anything they will fit perfectly.. but its good to reassure that with the sponsor :) worth a try..

C-One, Cusco and TRD do I think. I don't have my updated parts listing with me to double check. But they wont be cheap, or worth it with current exchange rates.

i cant confirm but i got some braces that are meant for the sedan (altis in malaysia) and it fits perfectly on my hatch..

i cant say the same for the newer model but all the new corolla let it be sedan or hatch uses the same chassis (why wouldnt they) so if anything they will fit perfectly.. but its good to reassure that with the sponsor :) worth a try..

Ooo.... I'm gonna get it from Malaysia the next trip i go back. The parts are cheaper there. Maybe i can do a group buy (i'll notify you later on) and i can bring a few sticks back.

p/s: kenneth, what brand are your braces?

C-One, Cusco and TRD do I think. I don't have my updated parts listing with me to double check. But they wont be cheap, or worth it with current exchange rates.

so it would be better to buy from ultra racing? lol

Ooo.... I'm gonna get it from Malaysia the next trip i go back. The parts are cheaper there. Maybe i can do a group buy (i'll notify you later on) and i can bring a few sticks back.

p/s: kenneth, what brand are your braces?

Front and Rear Sway = TRD..

These are a couple of the C-ONE braces and a pic of the Ultraracing bars..

xx14.jpg

xx13.jpg

C-one looks tempting but yeah C-one for struts and Ultra Racing for sway :) i guess much cheaper altho the U.R front strut dont look too bad

Still not a lot locally available for ZRE's. KYB should have some struts available march/april and as for sways I'm guessing in the first half of this year sometime.

whiteline are no longer making sways for ZZE122/3's!!! Now they are being made by shelby's which i am trying to source prices and availability for those interested.

Still not a lot locally available for ZRE's. KYB should have some struts available march/april and as for sways I'm guessing in the first half of this year sometime.

whiteline are no longer making sways for ZZE122/3's!!! Now they are being made by shelby's which i am trying to source prices and availability for those interested.

true... what about ultra racing they had a few braces for the ZRE and they comfirmed that the rear sway would fit on my corolla hatch so hmmm tempting... from sydney too

its all the same product... selby's own whiteline from what i can recall.

different packaging so they can charge u more xD

Intresting....

I paid about $50 less for my Selby Sway bar, for my AE92SX as opposed to the price of Whiteline.

Well.. then i guess whiteline is the lexus and selby is the toyota then..

im sure you can understand simple theory like that but i guess i will spell it out too..

Count me in, SB... i'll be interested if you are organising a group buy. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

US has this for 08-09 Corolla and Matrix which is our sedan too.They say if VIN starts with a J,which ours do then it needs additional 5/16" stainless x 6 washers for installation.

post-9535-1234773572_thumb.jpg

US has this for 08-09 Corolla and Matrix which is our sedan too.They say if VIN starts with a J,which ours do then it needs additional 5/16" stainless x 6 washers for installation.

hahaha

if u get one ill get one ;) how about that lOL!

hahaha

Just got a price for it,you sitting down? $480-$500 AUD shipped.... :unsure:

hahaha

holy thats heaps hmm i wounder if its worth it who makes that sway bar?

hahaha

holy thats heaps hmm i wounder if its worth it who makes that sway bar?

Well its not the TRD we all want,which is JAP. This is TRD USA so iam guessing they use a local manufacturer like most big brands now.. Still its ideal for a brand whore :whistling:

im terms of mods on a scale of 1 to 10 where do the strut bar and sway bars coem in 1 being mud flaps 5 being hids and 10 being cat back exhaust

mate depends what u are either a ricer or a tuner... lol i mean i would do all the handling components since i like to join my friends on there mountain cruises and i would love to keep my life so id do struts and sway bars and suspension and HID's(for vision) b4 i do looks. the zre handling is not bad, it grips... the only fall back id have to say is the height of the car so getting new springs would be my number one thing to do first lolz. how about the other people which would be your first mod?