Kluger Sat Nav update

manducool

Hi Folks,

I have recently purchased the first model late 2003 Kluger Grande AWD model MCU28R - BRANKQ second hand and have the whereis v.12 sat nav in this car. What is the latest Sat Nav version available within the market, how do you upgrade, and has anybody had their Sat Nav upgraded to pick up applicable road speed limits, red light cameras that, 3D technology that is not available within this car.

Would the cheapest option picking up a new mobile Sat Nav off the shelf ?.

Thanks all. cheers !.

Hi Folks,

I have recently purchased the first model late 2003 Kluger Grande AWD model MCU28R - BRANKQ second hand and have the whereis v.12 sat nav in this car. What is the latest Sat Nav version available within the market, how do you upgrade, and has anybody had their Sat Nav upgraded to pick up applicable road speed limits, red light cameras that, 3D technology that is not available within this car.

Would the cheapest option picking up a new mobile Sat Nav off the shelf ?.

Thanks all. cheers !.

Congrats on your new purchase.

The latest whereis maps is v15. Your SatNav DVD drive unit could be located under the driver/passenger seat. Perhaps other Kluger owners can advise you the exact location. A friend has a 03' Prado and the drive is located under the drivers seat. All it's needed is to turn on electrics (ACC), unload the disc and insert the new map. The system will do the rest.

The SatNav system used in all Toyota (and possibly for all other car makers that uses Whereis map) does not give speed limits and red light camera alerts even though the map itself does have these features. It's ironic that you can spend $200 on a GPS NavMan/TomTom which offers these features and spoken street names while the same map used in Toyotas don't. IMO, it is cheaper option to pick up a new mobile GPS off the shelf than spending $300-$400 on a new map disc.

Congrats on your new purchase.

The latest whereis maps is v15. Your SatNav DVD drive unit could be located under the driver/passenger seat. Perhaps other Kluger owners can advise you the exact location. A friend has a 03' Prado and the drive is located under the drivers seat. All it's needed is to turn on electrics (ACC), unload the disc and insert the new map. The system will do the rest.

The SatNav system used in all Toyota (and possibly for all other car makers that uses Whereis map) does not give speed limits and red light camera alerts even though the map itself does have these features. It's ironic that you can spend $200 on a GPS NavMan/TomTom which offers these features and spoken street names while the same map used in Toyotas don't. IMO, it is cheaper option to pick up a new mobile GPS off the shelf than spending $300-$400 on a new map disc.

Thanks mate for that information. I found the DVD drive unit in the glove box, and if the Toyota update to v15 is 300 - 400 bucks, I might go down the a 3D virtual mobile GPS within the 200 - 300 range currently.

Thank you very much,

Max

Update......

I dont think v16 has been released yet....was due late 2009 from what I have read and the Whereis site still is showing only v15 so it shouldnt be far away!

Update......

I dont think v16 has been released yet....was due late 2009 from what I have read and the Whereis site still is showing only v15 so it shouldnt be far away!

I called Toyota last week and was quoted $ 330-00 for whereis v16, so this probably has just been released. Keep us updated mate. Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Max

• 1 year later...

Version 17 has recently been released and can only be purchased through Toyota/Lexus dealerships.

Late March the DVD will be available for purchase through Whereis.

• 10 months later...

Do we know if version 18 of the where is has been released yet folks ?

As of today (11 February 2012), version 17 is still the latest available map: http://www.whereismaps.com/buy-map-updates_built-in-car-navigation_product.aspx?view=23&devicedesc=Suitable%20for%20all%20Toyota%20Models&deviceid=252

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bit late for this, but this forum does not support the illegal sharing of licensed software. Content has been removed to comply with the Forum Terms and Conditions.