cai and exhaust to compliment. how do i get started?

I have a 2009 corolla ascent, and want a bit more power and a bit of a decent note from the exhaust, can any one reccomend a cai and exhaust system to give me this for a reasonable price?

Hey buddy, I have a 2008 Acent hatch. I just installed my Injen CAI cost me around 350 inlcuding shipping from the US. Sounds amazing! and adds a few kw! However if your from Brisbane check out CES they are willing to do a custom job for the ZRE for about 450 i think. Up to you really.

As for the exhaust i'm still waiting for my genuine TRD high response muffler. Which should hopefully be in this week. Heard they're good. Maybe CES would do you a deal if you got new headers and full stainless setup spiteful.gif

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers

Chris

Injen CAi is good, but be warned, some people have had Error codes thrown due to them, we still havent worked out why they throw these codes. I personally have had no problem at all, and im one of the lucky ones. See CAI thread here for more feedback. Also if you search "CAI injen ZRE" you will find a few more bit of info..

Ive also opted for custom exhaust as a few other have here, mine is 2.5" full stainless system, standard headers/extractors and JunBL muffler. See here Could go for 2.25" if you like.

I hear the CES team have done some good work so do check them out as mentioned above. :)

PS, seems no one has actually made any decent headers/extractors yet, so you might need a custom job for those if your aiming for those too. A US company is supposed to be manufacturing but we are still waiting on the finished product, which, may drop bottom end and be only good for top end power. If your going for custom extractors, i would recommend a 4-2-1 system, not 4-1. 4-2-1 will keep and improve low and mid range torque and power.

Hope that helps

CES actually have a CAI for the ZRE's almost completed but nobody could supply a car to see the job finished. So it could be your lucky day mate!! As for exhaust systems CES do top shelf work and will custom make a set of headers and a system to suit the car and improve the power not just improve the noisepower.

Give Trevor a call and let him know you are from TOCAU and are after the above items...

CES 07 3200 2333

Injen CAi is good, but be warned, some people have had Error codes thrown due to them, we still havent worked out why they throw these codes. I personally have had no problem at all, and im one of the lucky ones. See CAI thread here for more feedback. Also if you search "CAI injen ZRE" you will find a few more bit of info..

Ive also opted for custom exhaust as a few other have here, mine is 2.5" full stainless system, standard headers/extractors and JunBL muffler. See here Could go for 2.25" if you like.

I hear the CES team have done some good work so do check them out as mentioned above. :)

PS, seems no one has actually made any decent headers/extractors yet, so you might need a custom job for those if your aiming for those too. A US company is supposed to be manufacturing but we are still waiting on the finished product, which, may drop bottom end and be only good for top end power. If your going for custom extractors, i would recommend a 4-2-1 system, not 4-1. 4-2-1 will keep and improve low and mid range torque and power.

Hope that helps