xenon bulb upgrade 07 sx6

MAT666

HI guys.....

Went to autobarn to order xenon bulbs.. phillips..

Whats the go with the H1R1 bulb? a normal h1 doesnt fit, and neither autobarn nor the phillips rep knew what it was.. cant find anything on the net either..

I got a refund anyway, leaving me with high beam xenon and stock low beam dirty yellow..

Any help?

Cheers :blink:

post-14908-1254396509_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Are you referring to the low beam. If so, H1 will not fit because this is the wrong bulb.

The low beams and fog lights use H11. This is stated both in your owners manual and the FAQ's here.

Thanks for your fast reply, and apologies for my slow response

I should have been clearer. Also mistakenly said that i tried a H1... (sorry).

It is the high beam. When I removed the bulb, it clearly states it is a Toshiba H1R1 12V 65W (made in P.R.C).. according to forum posts and manual it should be a hb3? which i bought.. however, the three pins do not lock in at the back of the lamp. I tried for hours.. even tried to file the pins down to fit.. Autobarn installers could not fit either, so they gave me a refund. two of the three pins are the same size; but one is smaller (approx 2/3 as big, same thickness)

Also, I am wondering if you have heard of the interior lighting illumination upgrade that has been released for the 09 facelift. I bought the kit today from toyota hillcrest for 125, but it has no instructions at all lol... im not even sure what its meant to look like once its installed..

Any help would be appreciated.. By the way saw you on the near Monier rd a few weeks back... very neat quite impressive.. B)

post-14908-1255508493_thumb.jpg

Also, I am wondering if you have heard of the interior lighting illumination upgrade that has been released for the 09 facelift. I bought the kit today from toyota hillcrest for 125, but it has no instructions at all lol... im not even sure what its meant to look like once its installed..

Hi there, is the interior lighting illumination you mentioned the same as in the Aurion Accessories page at http://www.toyota.com.au/aurion/accessories/interior?

If so, does it come with lighting for the front and rear? What comes with the kit? Pic would be great.

Cheers

It is the high beam. When I removed the bulb, it clearly states it is a Toshiba H1R1 12V 65W (made in P.R.C).. according to forum posts and manual it should be a hb3? which i bought.. however, the three pins do not lock in at the back of the lamp. I tried for hours.. even tried to file the pins down to fit.. Autobarn installers could not fit either, so they gave me a refund. two of the three pins are the same size; but one is smaller (approx 2/3 as big, same thickness)

Sorry, only reopened this thread now. Stupid work making me forget things.

The high beam bulb is a special bulb made by Toshiba (created by GE) referred to as HIR or High Intensity Reflective. Just a quick run down:

... The high beams on my Aurion use those bulbs (comes standard with them), and I find they are much brighter than normal halogen bulbs of the same wattage.

Some more reading on HIR bulbs:

It was GE's goal to create a bulb that produced 75% of the light output of HID headlights at 25% of the cost. GE sells HIR bulbs for residential lighting and specialized projectors, but decided to stay out of the automotive market and licensed this technology to a division of Toshiba. In fact, Toshiba and GE are among the few companies in the world with the expertise to engineer and build this product. These bulbs attain light levels 75% to 110% brighter than stock as a result of an engineering process that deposits multiple, yet almost invisible, layers of semi-reflective coating on the surface of a specially shaped quartz bulb. This coating ( a titania/silica, zinc oxide/silica, zirconia/silica, silicon nitride/silica, and titania/magnesium fluoride tantalam/silica multi-layer dielectric, according to the patent) reflects a portion of the infrared energy emitted by the filament back onto the filament, causing it to glow brighter and emit more light from the uncoated forward portion of the bulb. Although the filament gets hotter, the glass does not. IT GENERATES NO MORE HEAT THAN A REGULAR HALOGEN BULB, AND IT DRAWS THE SAME WATTAGE AND AMPERAGE AS THE STOCK 9006 BULB IT REPLACES

In other words, the bulb type is not actually a HB3/9005 like the manual states, but it is a 9011 bulb. To make a HB3 bulb fit, as you noticed, some trimming has to be done to make it fit. I don't know why Toyota stated differently in the manual.

I believe the only additional lighting in the facelift Aurion is the vanity lights for the two front mirrors in the sun shades. Edited below.

By the way saw you on the near Monier rd a few weeks back... very neat quite impressive.. B)

Cheers mate.

Edit:

Hi there, is the interior lighting illumination you mentioned the same as in the Aurion Accessories page at http://www.toyota.com.au/aurion/accessories/interior?

If so, does it come with lighting for the front and rear? What comes with the kit? Pic would be great.

Damn, I only just saw that now. Grrr. They copied me :lol: Oh well. DIY FTW.

have you done these under dash lights?

how did you do it, parts and all

Sure have. Link is in my signature that goes to my thread. There are some pictures there. I didn't think there was a need for a step by step cause it is straight forward really. You just go into Jaycar or something like that, even eBay, and pick up some LED light strips, attach them in the footwell where you want and connect them to your dome light.

DJKOR's Aurion - Post 35

• 1 month later...

Just a little revival on this. It seems the kit is just 4 simple LED's an a lot of wiring for it. Speaking of which, it is also currently for sale on eBay. Though you could easily DIY for cheaper:

Toyota Aurion Interior Illumination - eBay

lightbb.jpg