Aurion Trailer wiring info

Eaglemist

Does anyone know if the wiring loom includes the +12 volts for caravans? I found the blue wire for the electric brakes and an orange wire that may be the 12 volt feed but it has a tag on it that says to 'leave it alone' if your car is after 2007, which mine is (Feb 2011).

Any assistance would be appreciated. The dealer left no instructions re the wiring at all.

• 1 year later...

How did you get on with this.

I am wiring a brake controller and have found the blue wire but am having trouble identifing the correct brake light wire in the boot. A Toyota mechanic told me to connect to a brake light wire in the boot area but all the wires are so small in comparison to the recommendation for the controller.

Can anyone identify what the orange wire is for, as you say it has a warning label that says it has to be looped if car later than 2007, but what does this wire do.

I have just purchased genuine Toyota towbar kit for my Aurion including the electrical harness to the trailer plug. Will be fitting it tomorrow but have read the supplied fitting instructions to get my head around it, before starting to fit it tomorrow morning.

On the supplied wiring harness, there is a yellow warning tag saying if you vehicle is built post June 07 then it should already be 'pre-wired' from the factory to have power available to 'pin 2' (black wire into the flat 7 pin trailer connector plug)

This is the power into your trailer that replenishes the break-a-way system battery & keeps it charged whilst the trailer is connected to the vehicle.

If your vehicle is pre June 07, it may NOT have the wiring done & you will need to run the orange single core wire as per the instructions thru the inside of the vehicle to the fuse box to enable the 'harness' to have power available on 'pin 2' (black wire)

The blue wire is for connecting to the brake controller output lead (blue wire on most controllers) I'm fitting a Tekonsha 'Prodigy' Mk II as they are great value for money and I have NEVER had any issues with them.

I will scan the instructions tomorrow & post them if you need further clarification if your vehicle is NOT 'pre-wired' being pre June 07.

• Like 1