[QLD] QR Sprint Thread

Thought it would be better to just have 1 thread for all of it ;)

Future dates;

2008 Sprints

Wednesday 6 Feburary

Saturday 5 April

Wednesday 23 April

Saturday 24 May

Wednesday 4 June

Wednesday 2 July

Wednesday 27 August

Saturday 6 September

Saturday 20 September

Wednesday 1 October

Saturday 18 October

Saturday 29 November

Wednesday 3 December

QR site

Some information;

-Track layout(s). We only get to use sprint track, wednesdays also get to use the Clubman track.

-Open face helmets can also be hired. You just deposit $50 and buy a hair net for $5, use the helmet and get your $50 back at the end of the day when you return it.

-Some site with track day info for QR. Not all applies to the real QR sprint days.

-Some driver related info to get started

-QR have a new timing system which works much like E-toll now ;)

-A youtube group of QR videos, http://www.youtube.com/group/QR, this will allow you to see what lines to use.

Car prep;

-Check and replace all fluids if required (coolant, transmission and engine oil, brake and clutch fluid)

-Check brake pads, rotors and suspension

-Remove ALL loose crap

Other

-Tires should be around 44PSI (QR recommendation) cold so they don't peel off the rim when under load. They have 1 (one) air pump if you want to play with the pressures. I use about 35PSI cold.

-Bring water and food, helmet, full cover flame proof (cotton is fine) clothing (neck to wrist to ankle, just like the drags)

-Strong tape that you don't mind using on your body work. I use 200mph tape from the race shops

-Extra oil in case of top ups

-Ensure your fuel tank level is above 3/4 (below 1/2 and Sportivos start having pickup problems)

-If you are using coilovers you can get away with anything over 1/2 tank.

-DO NOT use the handbrake in the pits, chock the wheels or leave the car in gear. You don't want warped rotors.

-Have a good tire pressure gauge with you, not those pencil ones :rolleyes: and check after each run. A rise of 4PSI means the pressures are good. A larger increase means too much air, and a lower increase means too little air.

-Once the engine has cooled a little check the oil level

-Check all the stuff under the car prep banner, on and after the day

-Weather Forecasts for Ipswich (BoM)

-Weather Forecasts for Ipswich (yahoo)

Just remember fluids are cheap compared to rebuilding the engine/gearbox.

The entry form has the costs on it.

Form (pdf)

Edited by SuperDave

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks to go. DHC, abouts do you wanna meet? I'm eastside (represent, :P ), how about a meet time around 9:30, so we can be there by 10:30 to shotgun a pitbox ;) and work out all the disorganised stuff at the track.

No one else interested? It's more fun than drag racing and safer since the top speed is lower :P

My car is still awaiting for repairs after a bumper to bumper (5 cars) accident almost a month ago.. :angry:

Since it wasnt my bro's fault (driving at the time) we're now just waiting for the d!ickhead that caused the accident to pay his insurance excess so we can get the car fix. Its been quoted and assesed and the earliest will be next wed to get it fix and they said will take 5-6 working days.. so techinally it will be done in time for the sprint.. just hope the insurance thing dont drag things out too long <_<

Where abouts in eastside? i live near sunnybank

Edited by DHC09

I'm far east, near the bay. Thought you were in Sunnybank, wanna meet at the Maccas?

Unfortuante that cause the fella who caused it is being a cheap *****, 4 other people have to go without a car. (I'm assuming you counted his car in the 5). I would have thought insurance would fix everything then chase up the fella later. Ask Steve, he knows about all this stuff.

Micky_tee, you could come up for the day :lol: Only a days drive up than back.

Yeah it was all messed up, and appearantly the rolla wasnt insured at the time of accident <_< cause my parents changed insurance company (it was under their name). So it was very complicated, anyway, we dont have to pay a cent for the repairs and it was faster for me to chased it up myself plus i have a lawyer friend to write a few scary letters to the d!ckhead.

Sunnybank maccas sounds good, i can get breakfast then :lol:

Anyone who is going the forms can be filled out when ever, but the earlier QR recieves the form the higher the chance of competing, since Saturday is the most popular day. I'll hopefully be doing mine tonight. If anyone wants we can be placed in the same group as the Honda people PM me your full name, rego and make of car and I'll pass it onto the OzHonda fella organising it. Or if you don't want to be in the same group we wont bother telling them.

If Wei Wei is following this thread, are you coming?

(thumbs up)

The OzHonda people changed their minds, if you want to join their group just add OzHonda on the form somewhere obvious. I didn't bother adding it to the ones I sent off, since it doesn't bother me if I am with them or not (mainly because they are faster than me :P)

Just a side note, spectators are also welcome and its free to watch and take pics of my car ;) :P

are you trying to tell me something.......?

we'll see what happens, i'll discuss it with you on thursday night ;)

Took the car in this morning and they said they'll push to get it done by Friday :D :D

So looks like its a definate go for me.. will send in the form tomolo B)

Even if your car isn't ready, they only process credit card payments on the day ;) So if your not there you wont pay. I think :D , but makes sense.

And Donna, how did you know I was referring to you? :P