[QLD] QR Sprint Thread

I only know of the Top Gear events. Don't know anything about them. If I'm not working I might go out to watch you.

Was talking to a fella on the weekend that said Morgan Park (Warick) has sprints and costs only $50 for as many laps as you can fit in. Will have to look into this to see if it is worth the drive.

Also, my form is in too.

Edited by SuperDave

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only know of the Top Gear events. Don't know anything about them. If I'm not working I might go out to watch you.

Was talking to a fella on the weekend that said Morgan Park (Warick) has sprints and costs only $50 for as many laps as you can fit in. Will have to look into this to see if it is worth the drive.

Also, my form is in too.

I've been trying to find out when the Morgan park days are on, have also been told they are a great day, and a good track.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the first post to include weather forecasts.

But for the next sprint it isn't looking good for the people who don't like racing in the rain. As for the men who like racing in the rain, it should be good fun! It's a shame so much time will be wasted digging cars out of the gravel.

But at least it will keep the brake and engine temps down a little.

DHC: If you want I can bring a spare camera mount and you can use my camera to record some of your runs.

Edited by SuperDave

Well that was a great day :clap: a little hot but had a lot fun

I gotta say.. these D2 coilovers are awesome, it was good to have gone on a few sessions and play with the settings. and in the end went 6 secs faster than stocko :D

Highlights: a little drifting :ph34r: (scary as hell) and keeping some Hondas behind me (see pic below)

the guy was saying (on ozhonda) he was stuck behind me but i remembered pulling away from him in the last 3 laps of that session :toast:

p10105151000py0.jpg

cant wait to see the pics corey and donna took.. :yahoo:

There is a solid 20+ finger gap between the rear tire and the guard :lol:

I would love to know the track temp, cause the air temp (at Amberly) was 35*C, 8% humidity, wind speed around the 30kph mark and gusts up to 60kph and I still managed a PB. CES FTW!

Edited by SuperDave

Sorry dave wont be able to make it this round... :angry: need to take my old man to the airport that arvo, which means i'll prob only have time to do one session.. so i gotta give it a miss... anyway have fun! hope it doesnt get too hot :ph34r: