[QLD] QR Sprint Thread

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure am! :D

Talk bout a steep learning curve on my first track day... had almost every condition today.. dry / wet / pouring down :lol: yeah it was funny seeing those car spinning on those semi's into the gravel and dont forget the drifts :lol:

Had a great time and its days like this that makes the "investments" worth it :D too bad we had to go when i was getting comfortable with the car/track. hopefully it'll be more stable conditions next time. and photographers!!!! :P :lol:

B)

You missed out on some fun in the

. Your car might be a good match for those Hondas. Will keep you posted when they are going out again.

looking forward to it, was ****ty that I had to work and missed out. I've got a few new bit for the car to try out ;)

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Jeff, are the new bits for your car something to do with power?

And OzHonda are doing another group I think. I'm not bothering to go in there group again, they will be too fast in the dry on slicks. They were too fast in the wet on slicks :lol:

Come on Wei Wei, my stock brakes are still looking new.

Haven't heard from you in ages Hsien, you thinking about coming out?

There are no rules as such. But they recommend that it is done on the straights and the car being past is ment to slow to let them past safely before the next braking point. Other than that it is left to how the drivers involved want to deal with it.

Not sure what you mean by stuff? Need to be a little more specific :D

I've been buried by work at the moment. Research proposal due in and confirmation seminar at the end of the month... :(

I'm just mainly concerned about people hitting your car by accident while on the track and misjudging corners and coming off the tracks and stuff...don't want my new baby scratched..haha.. :P

I don't know if QR are telling porky pies or not, but they claim that there has been no car-to-car contact yet. As for scratches, I hear the gravel traps are good for those :lol: But if everyone uses common sense, like keep a decent gap, then every thing should be fine. The cars are grouped by experience and by lap times.

Research proposal due in and confirmation seminar

Sounds like someones is doing a PhD :clap:

I did my confirmation in the start of the year..... not fun.. :help:

I don't know if QR are telling porky pies or not, but they claim that there has been no car-to-car contact yet. As for scratches, I hear the gravel traps are good for those :lol: But if everyone uses common sense, like keep a decent gap, then every thing should be fine. The cars are grouped by experience and by lap times.

And thats why we're not running with the hondas this time :whistling:

I'm at UQ doing Molecular Virology work, and im working on a DNA vaccine for West Nile Virus.

You?

I'm at griffith gold coast at the pharmacy department and i'm working on oral peptide delivery. I did my undergrad and honours at UQ. Who is your supervisor?

Cool. A/P Alex Khromyhk is my supervisor, and i have collaborations with Roy Hall and Paul Young

You suda stayed at UQ, not sure if they do any peptide work at the new nano tech bldg but i went there today to visit their animal house, and its a pretty sweet place. On par with IMB :clap:

Cool. A/P Alex Khromyhk is my supervisor, and i have collaborations with Roy Hall and Paul Young

You suda stayed at UQ, not sure if they do any peptide work at the new nano tech bldg but i went there today to visit their animal house, and its a pretty sweet place. On par with IMB :clap:

Ya..i would love to..mm..travelling between gold coast and brisbane sux..I did a research project with Roy Hall before..and had paul young for a few lecturer during my undergrad study....

by the way dave..sorry for going off topic here..haha :P

Bump

Jeff, are the new bits for your car something to do with power?

And OzHonda are doing another group I think. I'm not bothering to go in there group again, they will be too fast in the dry on slicks. They were too fast in the wet on slicks :lol:

Come on Wei Wei, my stock brakes are still looking new.

Faxed my entry off today. was thinking of doing the top gear event on the Sunday, have you had anything to do with it before?

Jeff