Supplementary Anti-Theft Devices

07Prodigy

Hi all,

I have read a bit about Aurions being targeted so I have come to see what people have done in the lines of making it harder to steal.

I know you can just put it on a tow truck and take it away but I also now Viper do an alarm system that compliments the stock one by adding a few sensors so if it's tilted the alarm goes off.

I know you can probably get around this so I thought we could add on to this again.

I was thinking along the lines of secondary starter switch.

Open to suggestions.

Have read about a flash drive being used as a key...

Big thing for me is having a good alarm properly installed, not just stuffed up under the steering wheel without cutting off the excess wiring. If I was installing an alarm on my car I would be tucking it so far up the dash that it will be more than a 2 minute job to get to the box.

If someone knows what alarm you have in your car and they can easily get to it then they can easily swap it out for one that they have a remote for or have bypassed.

Then there are the obvious things of parking in secure and if possible lit areas.

When at home don't leave your car keys somewhere easy to get to. Home invasions are on the increase as the easiest way to take a car is with the keys, don't make it easy for them by having your keys in plain sight on your hallway table.

Ok so I agree with you on the first point, and I know you don't know me or my work but I'm the kind of person if there is something wrong and I have already put the who,e car back together and I need to take it apart to adjust something by .5 of a mm then I will, so I will make sure it's hidden and not easily accessed.

The other thing is making sure it can't be bypassed. If I make my own then nobody but me will know how it works, and being hidden they won't be able to get to it either.

The problem here is I need ideas that people aren't going to know how to get passed, or make it so difficult they don't bother.

Yeah I park far away as possible, it's less chNce of damage and quicker then driving around the car park for an hour trying to find a spot.

As for leaving the keys in an obvious spot, they pretty much live in my pocket or under my pillow.

Haha having said that I did loose my keys once, for hours I looked, then my partner said, "they wouldn't be in the car would they?"

"No because it's locked and I dont have my spares so if they are we are in trouble"

Where were they you ask???

...in the ignition, windows down car unlocked...

The only time I e done it and I felt like such an idiot lol.

But back to now, I want it so even if they have the keys they can't go anywhere unless they know what to do.

Kill switches are to obvious.

I need something they wouldn't even think of.

I heard a good saying, hide it In plain sight and it won't be found...

I need the same logic.

Edited by 07Prodigy

• 2 weeks later...

Steering wheel lock? they can be bypassed just like a alarm but its a visual deterrent and might just make them go to another car

without one.

Or you could just take the steering wheel out like Mr Bean :P