ZZE123 Issue

Big_dog

Hey guys I've recently acquired an 03 ZZE123. Now from what I can tell it may have had a bit of a hard life, its in an ok condition but the guy I got it off spoke very little english and didnt look like he had taken much care of the car other than drive it. Did an oil change, coolant, fuel filter etc etc etc when I got it, but I've noticed its a bit weird when coming into lift, the car makes an odd noise high in the rev range, easiest way I can explain it is is sounds like a screamer pipe, sounds like a big gush of wind. To go with that, the car sort of hesitates before coming into lift. I was looking at common problems EG Lift bolts, but anyone else got any ideas ? I'm running 15/40 oil atm, chances of it being to thick ?

Regards

Matt

It doesnt sound like it has an exhaust leak, there definitely isnt any soot or anything around the rear bar, but I will check that tonight, It does have an exhaust rattle somewhere, I was thinking maybe the cat was farked ?

Exhaust could be leaking, causing it to be sluggish. The lift hesitating to engage properly could be due to the pcv valve being gunked up overtime, usually caused by poor service maintenance. You could try and clean it out. Theres a tutorial somewhere on this website. Or even try and resetting the ecu perhaps.

Exhaust could be leaking, causing it to be sluggish. The lift hesitating to engage properly could be due to the pcv valve being gunked up overtime, usually caused by poor service maintenance. You could try and clean it out. Theres a tutorial somewhere on this website. Or even try and resetting the ecu perhaps.

Thanks mate, I will give it a go. I've done an ecu reset a couple of times, just looking to try new things. I had a weird idle issue previous. was idling quite high, but have had that settle down now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so this problem is still bugging me. I can deal with the exhaust rattle, but the issue with the lift is starting to really annoy me. I've just changed the oil for a 15/40 to a synthetic 10/30. Car feels nicer to drive now, but still has the issue. I've cleaned the throttle body and the pcv. I have no exhaust leaks and the car operates fine any other time of driving.

• 2 weeks later...