2012 Corolla MY11 Levin ZR

Larrco

HELP PLEASE my car has blown it's mind.  One of the features of my MY11 Corolla Levin ZR is keyless entry but recently the system has gone mad.  Sometimes it works properly, sometimes the doors don't lock then when they do and I attempt to gain entry by using the touch pad inside the outside door handle the indicators flash and bleep continuously.  On other occasions it locks me out of the car and I have to use the passenger door control to activate the system which is quite annoying, especially when it is raining.  I recently had the passenger door mechanism changed at an astronomical cost of $450.00 + labour.  However, whilst the passenger door now works O.K. I don't think this is the cause to the problem.  The whole system is erratic, it never operates the same sequence twice.  Whilst this is a recent occurrence I have always suspected the car had too many electrical features as every so often one of them has a glitch. Has anyone else experienced this?

Typically not, the car will be 4 years old in a couple of weeks time so out of warranty, it's called Murphy's Law.  I suspect this is a Corolla built in Australia on a Friday afternoon about 3.30 p.m.

The Friday Arvo' Fun is a possibility..a wild stab in the dark could be the Fob..battery?..as I said a stab in the dark

Hope it gets sorted soon for you

KAA

13 hours ago, Larrco said:

I suspect this is a Corolla built in Australia on a Friday afternoon about 3.30 p.m.

Except the last Australian-built Corolla was in 1999...

Apologies to Australian workers.  My brother in law's brother's (from a third marriage) second cousin said his best mate thought they were made in Australia, I couldn't argue with such sound advise.  Now I'll have to assume there was too much lactic acid in the Sashimi that disagreed with that industrious Japanese assembly worker that caused a momentary lapse in concentration whilst he attended to a Mt Fuji moment that caused the issue with my car, very fishy maybe!

• 3 weeks later...

$1,000 down the gurgler for two new door mechanisms + fitting.  Now it's up for sale and nobody wants it. bugger.