2012 Aurion brake upgrade

leolam

I want to upgrade the brake for my 2012 Aurion, first considering is rotor and pads. But most of the rotors are for GSV40. Are 40 and 50 aurion share same rotor and brake? Thanks

Just now, leolam said:

I want to upgrade the brake for my 2012 Aurion, first considering is rotor and pads. But most of the rotors are for GSV40. Are 40 and 50 aurion share same rotor and brake? And any recommand for them? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Leolam. Why would you want to upgrade the brakes on your 2012 ?

They are pretty strong in standard form. The brakes on my Prodigy are awesome. I can't justify spending all that money 'upgrading'..

Campbeam has offered some good advice there. I'd do the fluid flush first. The results may amaze you.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers !

Sometimes I feel it is difficult to stop the car when people brake hard. My last service(<5000km) change the brake pads and fluid already but only improved a little and looking for advises

Many years ago, I took a very critical look at my driving style. A few close calls because I was too aggressive using the accelerator getting into trouble situations and a couple of consecutive accidents not my fault [according to this post]. I now drive more defensively and can be considered a member of the öld farts brigade". I think I drive with about twice the braking distance of most other drivers. Much more relaxing on the nerves and blood pressure.

My focus is upon having to use the brakes as little as possible by using what I refer to as roadcraft; anticipate the flow of traffic and adjust speed so I do not have to come to a complete halt very often.

Also identify idiot drivers by their impatient unsafe manouvres in traffic and mentally prepared to take evasive actions if they come to grief with a vehicle ahead of me.

Perhaps my main self-test is to be able to brake gently and be able to stop 1 car length from the vehicle in front at ALL times.

Recently, I got caught out when the driver in front did the unexpected [stopped instead of continuing to merge onto the main road] so had to hit the brakes hard to avoid a collision. 

Overall, drive defensively with lots of anticipation because you are the loser if/when your vehicle gets smashed. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Modern cars have superior braking ability to when I used to drive a falcon XB for example . 

Those cars didn't stop well and it all comes back to your driving style.

I have noticed that modern day drivers tend to be more impatient and hence drive faster and closer to the car in front leaving little room for error . 

Now with the proliferation of IDIOTS who text and drive it doesn't surprise me the amount of low and high speed collisions that occur . 

IF you have had new pads installed,  only use Genuine parts or a high quality replacement. Give the new pads time to bed in and you will feel more confident . 

The Toyota engineers know what they are doing when they design these cars.

I wouldn't try to re invent the wheel when it comes to brakes on a modern day car.

Cheers 👍