Hi guys

Hey guys, i am new to this forum, and there is something playing up in my corolla. It is leaking power steering fluid pretty heavily, well, so heavily now there is no fluid anymore, i can tell when i turn my steering wheel. My friend cant find where the leak is coming from. I was just wondering if you guys knew anything or this happened to any of you guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Coolrolas

for a vehicle of that age it could be the power steering rack. if it turns out to be that rack you will need to get it replaced. you can get a rebuilt one for fairly cheap.

or it could simply be one of the main hoses. they are alot cheaper. pump a can of degreaser to clean up the mess, refill the resovoir and drive around for a day or so. It will make it easier for you to locate the leak.

my bad, i guess im in the wrong forum then. Sorry to waste ur time guys, and thanks for the advice

Mate,

This is a Corolla forum not New Corolla forum - so you're not in the wrong forum and not wasting anyone's time ;)

I agree with quicksilver Degrease the area around the resovoir, pump and steering rack (A can of engine degreaser $2.00), top up and check regularly to see where the leak is coming from. :)