LPG for Aurion

Adrian

I doubt its worthwhile its all about fuel excise avoidance which can change at the stroke of a pen. engine wise direct injection petrol engines would be more efficient and i doubt on a modern hi tech engine like the 2GR-FE that LPG would really be much of a benefit it would more likely be less efficient and tex excluded would cost about the same to run.

Hi all,

They state it halves the fuel costs with 0 power loss. Just though I'd put this info accross, it's more of a personal choice like most things. But not for me unless i'd x3 the km's that i am currently doing.

Adrian

Facts influence more people than opinion.

Edited by Adrian

0 power loss? That's a big claim and a worthwhile one to make. Ford's LPG-only Falcon loses a good 20kw or so. Not sure about the dual-fuel 380s or Commodores, though.

I read about one mob doing conversions for the Aurion using a 54L tank in the boot. I'd be interested in knowing how much space this took up.

Hi all,

They state it halves the fuel costs with 0 power loss. Just though I'd put this info accross, it's more of a personal choice like most things. But not for me unless i'd x3 the km's that i am currently doing.

Adrian

Facts influence more people than opinion.

Thats just NOT true LPG and petrol are not equal in energy terms or power terms in an engine. LPG will produce less power or use more LPG than petrol to equal the power.

Real world the fuel economy is worse and the power produced is worse. carbon grams per k is better and cost well at the moment its way cheaper but after conversion and then excise tax being phased in what bother.

• 4 weeks later...

i get this question at least once a week from customers, and this is my usual reply.

toyota will not carry any warranty for the engine if it has had an LPG conversion, plus it reduces engine life, and engine power. LPG operates at a higher temperature, so a common problem that people have with LPG is burnt valve seats. to get LPG working efficiently, most people run it on at least 2 tanks petrol and 1 tank LPG, so is it really worth it all? also an LPG tank in your boot will take up a fair bit of space. hope this helps guys

• 7 months later...
I don't see any point in having an Aurion running on LPG. I've done almost 6000 km and the fuel consumption is always from 9.9 - 10.4 L/100km.

[font="Impact"]I have the Presara and no matter how careful I am with my driving I cant get anywhere close to the fuel consumption figures you get. I dont drive it hard and I do use the Motorways about 25% of the time. I've been told by the Servicing Manager it is most likely because of the cold starts etc. Can you or anybody help out there please?