Stock Speaker Quality

CjRasmu

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caps are only worth it if you are running a big system, big power draws when the system thumps.

Carollas have a small altenator so they strugle to keep up at times so the cap fills in for the times when the alt cant.

You probably wont need it i think

now i dunno coz i havent heard them personally but i have heard great reccomendations about them... someone i know has them in his car n he loves them... BUT... the tweeters can be pretty piercing...

oh n for caps... ask anyone on CAA n they'll tell u that its a waste... the dealer u talked to is just trying to make a sale... for the price of a cap u can get a propper battery... and even high end systems... most of them have extra batteries and/or a better alternator instead of caps... u'll see caps in autosalons because they look nice with all their lights and numbers etc etc etc

dont worry too much, if the window get in the way, use a spacer, they are like $6 each? cheap ones.

i use 6x9 soundstream speaker for front of my camry, spacer SURELY needed, haha~

How deep are the stock speaker holes in the front doors? Does the glass from the window get in the way?

Cheers,

C.j

• 1 month later...

theres really nothing WRONG with the stock speakers...

upgrading is just a matter of choice... but you can live without having it upgraded.

yea new head unit, mono amp and sub is just fine if you just wanna add some bass.

just ask yourself if you are happy with your stuff then y change it?

i did it more coz i like making and building thingz.. not so much that i NEEDED better sound

i really don't think that stock speakers can even compare to for example TypeR splits... but then again sound is very objectional... so the best thing to do would be to listen to both and see which one u like... am i right or am i right :D

i was completely happy with my setup when i only added a sub.

ignorance is bliss sometimes.

if you dont know what you are missing out on by upgrading your sound system then you can save yourself a whole bunch of money by leaving the stockies installed.

so yea as i said b4, just go with what you are happy with b4 you decide what you can afford/what you want 2 do. not like were gonna try 2 enter autosalon for the best car audio or something like that?!

im thinking bout the bigger picture here... since i have no money for anything for the car these dayz... got me thinking that a lot of us are buying stuff that we really could do without... thats all i wanna say bout that really.

if your stock speakers work, no sense in replacing them. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Hey all,

I 'test drove' some speakers in Brisbane today.

Type R = Fail

Focal V2 = Moderate to Good

Eclipse Aluminum = Great

Alpine F? Series = Great

And I have some Cadence 5 1/4 ' woofers to throw in the back doors. Will hopefully help with the current non-existence of mid bass.

The stock speakers can't produce the high and the mid at the same time <_<

Cheers,

C.j

I agree with Jase in that it's a lot of fun building and installing things too :) plus my car had ZERO stereo equipment when I bought it (not even OEM), which was annoying to start with but a clean slate was good in some ways.

As for capacitors, my headlights pulse at night with the bass beats so I'm going to try the Response brand 1 Farad item and see how I go :)

If you haven't already, you could try upgrading the grouding cable from your battery to your chasis to something beefier and make sure that the ring terminals have maximum contact to the chasis (i.e. sand back the paint until you get some metal)

Cheers