Remote Start

Hi Guys, First post so here goes...simple question.

Just wondering if anyone has fitted remote start to their corolla?

I'm just about to put one on our Sportivo and was wondering if by chance (like on a friends Nissan) there is a position on the gearbox for a neutral switch? Or will I have to go for the rope switch arrangement around the gear stick? :g:

Thanks.

I'm just about to put one on our Sportivo and was wondering if by chance (like on a friends Nissan) there is a position on the gearbox for a neutral switch? Or will I have to go for the rope switch arrangement around the gear stick? :g:

Thanks.

remote start??u mean starting ur rolla using a remote?or like a button where u press it and start ur car?if like pressing thingy, Danz fitted one of those on his car....not sure if thats what u mean.

Thanks.

remote start??u mean starting ur rolla using a remote?or like a button where u press it and start ur car?if like pressing thingy, Danz fitted one of those on his car....not sure if thats what u mean.

As in remote start using a car alarm. Problem being that when you use remote start you must make sure the trans is in neutral or...... well you know.. I have the alarm but just wondering how others went with the gearbox issue..

i have a remote start for my camry. When the gear is at any other than "P", when pressing the remote start button, it wont start, for safety reason, tats how the alarm is program, not tat i done anything to it.

in case u ask, the alarm i use is viper V791x (if i didnt forget wrong model) Nice! but the remote's battery always went dead! argg

Edited by dannywss

On a manual you usually install microswitches on the shifter assembly so the alarm knows when the car's in neutral.

You can also get an immobiliser bypass module so the car's able to start with the key not in/near the igntion.

Thanks for the posts guys. Yeah rollamods that's what i was trying to say with "the rope switch arrangement around the gear stick". I've seen it done several ways but each way is as ugly (to install that is and also agricultural) as the next.... Yeah a bypass module is what I'm using. Still needs the head cut off my spare key and placed in the bypass module to relay the transponder details to the cars original immobiliser.... I'm not doing it for the w@nk factor, rather so that my wife actually warms up the car prior to driving off!!! :rolleyes:

i have a remote start for my camry. When the gear is at any other than "P", when pressing the remote start button, it wont start, for safety reason, tats how the alarm is program, not tat i done anything to it.

in case u ask, the alarm i use is viper V791x (if i didnt forget wrong model) Nice! but the remote's battery always went dead! argg

i thought in an auto car, the engine can never start unless you are in P itself, its like programmed in the ECU :help:

+ 1 for auto over manual :clap:

auto's have a neutral start switch in the starting circuit.

The neutral start switch is in the gearbox, and closes it's contacts when the shifter's in P.

• 4 months later...

I know its an old thread but i searched with no answer .... has anyone installed remote start on the corolla and bypassed key in ignition ?

car is auto so it can't be driven without the key in anyway cause trans is locked in park

PM me if you are worried about details of install ... or have you paid someone to do it... i just don't like the idea of paying $1000 for a new alarm/remote start when i have a brand new PRESTIGE remote start alarm in the box already

Edited by DrivInGScHool

I know its an old thread but i searched with no answer .... has anyone installed remote start on the corolla and bypassed key in ignition ?

car is auto so it can't be driven without the key in anyway cause trans is locked in park

PM me if you are worried about details of install ... or have you paid someone to do it... i just don't like the idea of paying $1000 for a new alarm/remote start when i have a brand new PRESTIGE remote start alarm in the box already

Yup installed and using it every day. Love it! :yahoo: . PM me with your number, or with any questions and I'd be happy to help. Have full wiring code and wire colours you will need to connect to (well for the Sportivo anyway...mostly the same). Fairly straight forward but my unit had over 40 wires and if you are wanting to do things properly (run with original loom etc..) it will take several days. Worth it though. Cheers.

i have a remote start in my 199* toyota surf ( imported not sure if its standard tho ) and it will only start while its in P and with the alarm off, but when u try and move it out of gear, it turns off, i have to put the Key in the ignition and have it to run or w/e to be able to change gears & be able to drive away