Changing your 'lift' points

GaryD

Not sure how you guys go about adjusting your lift points, but it seems like a good idea in the sportivo as the cam timing only changes very high in the rev range. None of you guys seem to have tried adjusting it (or maybe i havent looked hard enough). Why is that? Does the ecu chuck a spazz? Is there no point?

I thought id let you guys in on a little gizmo anyway that im going to be using in my pulsar. Its called the Greddy Multi Switching System (MSS) basically what it does is, it takes a signal like RPM, Throttle position etc and it will send a signal to the vtec solenoids when it hits a pre determined level that you have set. Its a pretty new product - i think its only been released this year. Its kind of a generic type system, by that i mean it could work on any car for lots of different functions, Vtec, Nos, Water/meth injection. Its about the size of a turbo timer with a little ricey screen

Seeing as our system NeoVVL is different to Honda Vtec we cant use the Honda vtec controllers (i assume that this would be the same for you guys) so it might be an alternative.

Cheers

-Gary

The only way to change lift point at present is with a TRD Replacement computer from japan or the Power FC ECU replacement from the states. Presently the Power FC only fits the celica as the wiring looms are different. The TRD ECU is not sold outside of japan.

Even if this device did work the large 2zzg tuning market in the states has showed there is no real benefit in changing the lift point. Many guys are running the Power FC in their celica's and are keeping the lift engagement at the same revs. Most are saying when they altered it they actually created power loss and larger torque holes.

What they are having a lot of success with is changing the VVT timings with the Power FC, but this is a constantly varying timing so I doubt a piggyback will be able to cope with this.

But hey thanks for the thought, it still worth looking into :)

the PowerECU from C-ONE

need your stock ECU to modified! for the job USD$2000 aprox.

unless you buy an ECU apart that cost like USD800$ aprox.

the BrashBoys PowerFC

cost aprox. USD2,000 aprox. and it come with the FC commander

they will tunned it, also you can tell them to adjust something in the tunning

thans

the BrashBoys PowerFC

cost aprox. USD2,000 aprox. and it come with the FC commander

they will tunned it, also you can tell them to adjust something in the tunning

thans

Except again it does not fit our wiring loom :(

the Brashboys PowerFC is designed for our ECU....

see in the page of them www.brashboys.com

Corolla ZZE123 2ZZGE M/T