HID

KT_haha

i've seen a couple of listings for HID kits on eBay. they usually sell between $200-$400 there, i think. hope this helps.

also a quick off-topic question regarding HID kits. i have a 94 corona, if i were to install a HID kit on it, would i need to change the headlight covers?

tngcla where are you? too busy getting ready for autosalon? anyhow he has got hid on his ae112 and from what i have seen you can leave them on all the time.

if i was ever going to change bulbs i would go 6000k maximum as over this i find the light turns blueish and is terrible to look at.

if you get hid check what warranty you get and what ballast is used. remember the saying you get for what you pay for.

lite you do not change the head lamp covers. what you change is the H bulbs.

Hey, it's time for my input :D

Do NOT buy the cheap kits off eBay, they are made in China. And you know the reputation that carries... :rolleyes: :P

I am importing HID kits. They are Xelux branded, but the components and globes are made by Hella in Germany.

$750 for H4 high/lowbeam; $650 for everything else (including H4 lowbeam-only).

That price is for 6000K and 8000K.

If you are in Melbourne, feel free to PM me to have a look at the kit on my car in person. I have 7500K globes on mine, and they are absolutely brilliant to drive with at night :)

PS. If there is enough interest for a group buy, I can get a better price for you guys.

Edited by tangcla

also a quick off-topic question regarding HID kits. i have a 94 corona, if i were to install a HID kit on it, would i need to change the headlight covers?

No, not if you get the kit that I am selling.

HIDs actually use less power than halogen globes (35W as opposed to 55-130W that halogen globes that uses) and therefore are cooler than halogen globes, and are easier on the lenses. It won't melt plastic lenses like high-wattage halogen globes, and it won't melt your wiring like high-wattage halogen globes either B)

Anyway, if anyone has any queries, post away and I'll try my best to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

I've spent a lot of time hunting around for the best lighting solutions, and tried many halogen globe brands, from Narva, to Philips, to PIAA, to many other Japanese brands. HID actually works out to be cheaper than halogens, because of their very long life expectancy (3000+ hours on an HID kit compared to 200-300 hours of halogen globes). It's a big initial investment, but it's definitely worth it if you do a lot of night driving.

That's my 2.2c inc GST :D

look at the kit on my car in person

if you make it to melbourne autosalon this weekend look out for the ae112. the hids will probably be on. you never seem to turn them off ;)

if you make it to melbourne autosalon this weekend look out for the ae112. the hids will probably be on. you never seem to turn them off ;)

haha thanks Marcus, yep I'll be at Autosalon.

I'll see about leaving them on for a long time... not sure how my battery will hold ;) but we'll see! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
really interested...

any more info?

what's the best colour temp to get?

Are these any good?

Autojoy HID kits

Thanx

Chris

Are you sure they are Japanese? I think they're made in China...!

6000K is pretty much pure white; 8000K is white with a slight blue tinge. I have 8000K; if you're in Melbourne I can show you them in person :) I have several cars available on-call to demonstrate HIDs, both 6000 and 8000K.

When I get the $$$ (early next year at the latest) .... I'm definatley up for s set. :P

They look horn............... :D :D :D

By the way tangcla, It's interesting to note that even HID's can't illuminate that very dark and long alleyway :lol::lol::lol:

All jokes aside, I have 6000k halogen bulbs for low beam now, and althou a HID 'fake'.... they still do a much better job than the standard globes (and they are the same wattage)..... so I can't wait to see HID's in there. I know they don't illuminate much (if any) further, but what the do cover, they do very well.

By the way tangcla, It's interesting to note that even HID's can't illuminate that very dark and long alleyway  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Actually, behind the wheel it does. The headlights are aimed downwards and I was on a very slight downward slope as well.

Come see them in person ;) 8)

I wasn't knocking your hid's, i know they do a fantastic job :)

I already know how good they are, thats why i want a set for myself.

And i will check yours out one day (im in melb).

mabye the alleyway should have been in the 'arty section'... thats all i meant.