brakes

SexOnWheels

hey guys i recently went for my 70,000k service and the mechanic @ Toyota told me my rotors need machining and my pads have 2mm of meat left in the fronts and instead of replacing them, might as well upgrade for a little more =D

would anyone here know places that sell slotted or dimple rotors & some decent pads with like high heat resistances?

this is for my 02 corolla sportivo

Well i just upgraded my rotors and pads on friday to

DBA slotted rotors

not sure on the pads they had like 5 different types of pads they where gonna put on but i just said to them to install the best bite pads with the rotors

it was at my tuner

Tunehouse

in marickville Sydney

it cost me 620 for the lot to be purchased and installed i dunno if they would do the same price for anyone else because they are like mates now that i have been going to them for so long and my best mate as well but i would say they stop a whole lot faster and smooth braking as well no shuddering or sqweeking so all good in my oppinion

maybe this will help i dunno lol :)

I'm in the same boat, getting new rotors and pads. I may just get the crossdrilled discs cuz i'm a bit worried tha tthe slotted disks will severly reduce the life of my pads. For those with slotted rotors, how long have your pads lasted u?

Note: my car is only for street use.

Edited by VVTLiR

given the last comment, I recommend just getting the OEM or equivalent replacement from DBA or RDA. Under typical street conditions you will never need the benefits of slotted discs which is more for high temp, track conditions.

i just wanted to know where i could get them for future reference, i dont know about replacing them with the stock pads, i really hate that grinding noise after a long drive with hard breaking

I'm not a track kinda person but i sometimes go up to mt dandy in Melbourne and about half through my pads sound horrible and it really ****s me up wall

so if anyone in Melbourne can tell me where a supplier or details on a place that sources and install would be greatly appreciated

cheers :D

I have a friend that has a F6 with the brembo brakes that have the cross drilled and i think slotted. He found that in winter he had no stopping power until the brakes warmed up and having bought the car in winter and not quite use to it he found it a bit dangerous until he got use to it.

Could be somthing else to consider

I just ordered RDA slotted discs for front ($170 pair), RDA slotted rotors rear ($200 pair), EBC Green Stuff Pads Front ($125) and Bendix GCT Pads rear ($60). All up $555. I dunno if thats good, but i have no pads left and they will be delived tomoz, so no time to shop around. I got bendix rears cuz the car is only for street use, the rear only do 10%, the EBC take a bit to warm up so i want to have some braking capacity on a cold morning and plus thats all the money i have.

I just ordered RDA slotted discs for front ($170 pair), RDA slotted rotors rear ($200 pair), EBC Green Stuff Pads Front ($125) and Bendix GCT Pads rear ($60). All up $555. I dunno if thats good, but i have no pads left and they will be delived tomoz, so no time to shop around. I got bendix rears cuz the car is only for street use, the rear only do 10%, the EBC take a bit to warm up so i want to have some braking capacity on a cold morning and plus thats all the money i have.

this is no labor included yeah? 550 sounds sweet for upgrade too all 4 i was just thinking of doing the fronts but 500 for all 4 sounds really nice =D

na no labour, i'll do it myself. changing brakes is as easy as changing you underwear (although some may struggle with both) especially since there is no machining invloved. All bolt off, bolt on.

• 2 months later...

far out ppl youve all got your brakes cheep i paid for a front set od dba sloted disks 230 each without pads and that was costprice at my mechanics and they warped on me they have no hi temp value what so ever on them

dose any one know of a brand that dose resist hi tempreture brakeing and dont warp on you :help:

How is everyone warping their rotors? My brakes get mighty hot at QR and I am still on the factory ones....

As a side note, the stock pads aren't as crap as everyone makes out. Also I suspect a pad compound change occured for the facelift models.

far out ppl youve all got your brakes cheep i paid for a front set od dba sloted disks 230 each without pads and that was costprice at my mechanics and they warped on me they have no hi temp value what so ever on them

dose any one know of a brand that dose resist hi tempreture brakeing and dont warp on you :help:

Thats exactly what i just got quoted for a set of slotted DBA brakes at ABS in fyshwick, apparentlty they have to make one offs for the rolla sportivos.... :help:

DBA only make a standard set of rotors for the rolla... 759S if i remember correctly. The best thing to do is what Northy/Xoom did and buy a set of undrilled Celica 4000 series rotors - much better than the standard ones.

However, i agree with Super Dave - Our rally car is using standard rotors with better pads. no problem whatsoever. If you are warping standard or upgraded rotors, u must drive like crazy. dont drive so dam fast and have to jump on the pegs constantly.