100,000km Service

Hiya,

Well, my beloved Sportivo is sitting on 99,975km and I'm starting to contemplate the upcoming (and slightly dreaded) 100,000km Service. Anyone know how worried my wallet and I should be? Preferably in a $$ figure

And what problems have people had at this service?*

Thanks,

Jen

*I ask this while crossing my fingers and hoping everyone says "None"

I had my 80,000 km service... and buy was it expensive.. i did it a toyota, it cost $1,219.18.. the parts werent expensive but the labour was $619.. i was soo ****** of. Usually it would cost me $200 to get it service at toyota every 5,000km but this time .. yeah

I am upto the 100,00km service too, apparently it costs an arm and a leg because of the timing chain but according to the log book that dosent happen till later on. Hopefully it aint too pricey <_<

:huh:

How did it cost $1200??? WTF!

For 1ZZ the 100,000km service isn't really that major. We did mine ourselves. Changed the plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter is meant to change but I'd already added CAI. Then in the log book there's a list of things that should be checked. I'd changed the pads, coolant and steering fluid prior to that too so it wasn't that big a job... The timing chain doesn't have to be changed for a long while does it? I don't have my log book here for reference though. How different is the stivo service compared to 1ZZ?

I Just rang Fyshwick toyota about this (I dont know why) and ol cobber was a retard, He didnt sound like he knew wtf he was doing :blink:

Spose it will be best to find someone else to do it

Edited by Simo

Jen, 100,000 service the major things are plugs and fuel filter, as well as the basic service stuff.

I can recommend Tex Automotive at Canberra Airport very very highly. they will be doing my 100k service is 15k time.

whoever paid $1200 for a service, dam u got ripped off like crazy

I had a 80k service. It was normal stuff, with all fluids replaced, and both fuel filters. I think it was $650~ from Fyshwick. Ill dig out the receipt.

On another note. My car was on a lease until Jan this year. Last year I was paying $120 for services. Compared to the $250~ retail. They once stuffed up, and gave me a retail receipt then gave me a lease receipt when I told them it was a lease car.

-fad

I Just rang Fyshwick toyota about this (I dont know why) and ol cobber was a retard, He didnt sound like he knew wtf he was doing :blink:

Spose it will be best to find someone else to do it

Doesn't suprise me cob, we don't like Canberra Toyota at the best of times... all the times I've rung up they have been hopeless too, except for the parts warehouse at Mitchell, they were ok

The beauty of owning your own business that can do a service.... absolutely priceless. :toast:

The cost of parts and a few hours work is a small price to pay. :clap:

Thanks guys,

It seems the general consensus from Sunday's Canberra meet is that I need to get the Sportivo recall done, so I'm stuck with going to Toyota to service it.

Once my wallet crawls out from it's hiding place under the couch where it's currently cowering in fear, I'll book the service. Urghhh.

Thanks again,

Jen