Speed cameras

The only time I saw police presence on a trip down to Margaret River on the weekend was when I saw a speed camera in the overtaking zone. Ok it’s a given one is not to speed at any time but here we have a wombat driver varying there speed in front of you from 75 to 85 kph in the 110 zone. The overtaking lane is 3kms ahead so you wait to do it safely. Once the overtaking lane has opened up the wombat speeds up to 110kmph. So you go to the lane to overtake Mr Wombat. So you have the stress of Mr Wombat, looking to overtake and the speed cameras. You are spending more time looking at the speedometer than on the road. Then your overtaking lane is running out. Ah Stress idiot and uncourteous drivers who just cant drive! You let Mr Wombat in so you don’t exceed the speed limit. You have a bull bar on your tail from some rude four wheel drive who is frustrated you did not put your foot down. Mr Wombat is back to doing 75kph as he is afraid of a slight bend. Welcome to crap WA driving which is not helped by speed cameras and idiots.

Argggh! I wonder how some poeple get there license..

I'm faced with drivers who speed up and down like that all the time, being on a regular highway route... I feal your pain dude.

Edited by TRDYUS

Stupid drivers are everywhere. I love how while building up practice for your P's you do your best and become the perfect 'model.' Signalling correctly @ lane change, all the head checks are done. Your too scared to speed because you might not get your P's.

But for some reason when individuals pass they're Learners and get promoted to Probationary within a 2-3month period, everything you have learned has gone out the window. You find yourself almost getting side swiped by another driver because there were no head checks done.. Who looks at the rear view mirror then as they click the signal lever veer off to the left lane? Forget checking your blind-spot. You don't even check to your left hand side?

I think license test's should be conducted every year for a Probationary driver. and once every 5 or so for full licensed drivers. The roads are becoming unsafe. It's bad enough I have to be careful and concentrate on my driving, I have to be weary of other idiots as well?

/end_rant