Buddy club

Buddy Club

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup i think coilovers will be great. give cusco some friendly competition :P (zero2 are way too expensive for most of us here)

also very keen on what kind of body kits you guys can come up with, and c/f bonnet? :D

I agree, it is what the corolla and celica community is hanging for. Watch for updates on that matter!! :)

The bodykit is a good idea, and the bonnet idea is great, i'll throw those to the boss! :)

Big brake kit :whistling:

hmmm nice idea! I'm not sure how feasible it is but i'll throw it in and see what comes of it. Thanks SuperDave :D

appreciate your response :)

Not a problem.

Yes good idea Pirate Dave. Brakes.

I have noticed the SpecIV muffler. Wondering what that would sound like on the 2zz-ge. My bet is our heads would still explode past 6,000rpm, BUT it would sure as heck scare people and sssccreeeam.

Hmmm exhaust i like that idea! Make people cry when you hit second lobe!

when are u starting to sponsor this forum?

snip

Yo i understand you point of view, but put it this way - but i'm here mostly to help you guys out! I'm hearing out and noting all your situations and there have been some fantastic ones! And surely a company of Buddy club's stature, quality and reputation wanting to serve the corolla market is a good thing!

Buddy club has support in Australia, whereby if you have any qualms with our gear, or any other problems - you can approach us no problem!

I know in my own experience many other companies are reluctant to help out! If you bend one of your cusco zero2's or they're faulty - you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that wants to hear you out!

Like i said, we're here to help you all out! ;)

man if BC were able to offer the following id snap them up in a second !!!!!

1. race headers like the ones designed for the Hondas

2. catback system

3. coilovers made to N1 spec (must be more hardcore than zero2 :P)

4. legit cf hood

5. a nice and simple lip kit or a subtle body kit

one can always hope....

yup i think coilovers will be great. give cusco some friendly competition :P (zero2 are way too expensive for most of us here)

also very keen on what kind of body kits you guys can come up with, and c/f bonnet? :D

I agree, it is what the corolla and celica community is hanging for. Watch for updates on that matter!! :)

The bodykit is a good idea, and the bonnet idea is great, i'll throw those to the boss! :)

Big brake kit :whistling:

hmmm nice idea! I'm not sure how feasible it is but i'll throw it in and see what comes of it. Thanks SuperDave :D

appreciate your response :)

Not a problem.

Yes good idea Pirate Dave. Brakes.

I have noticed the SpecIV muffler. Wondering what that would sound like on the 2zz-ge. My bet is our heads would still explode past 6,000rpm, BUT it would sure as heck scare people and sssccreeeam.

Hmmm exhaust i like that idea! Make people cry when you hit second lobe!

when are u starting to sponsor this forum?

snip

Yo i understand you point of view, but put it this way - but i'm here mostly to help you guys out! I'm hearing out and noting all your situations and there have been some fantastic ones! And surely a company of Buddy club's stature, quality and reputation wanting to serve the corolla market is a good thing!

Buddy club has support in Australia, whereby if you have any qualms with our gear, or any other problems - you can approach us no problem!

I know in my own experience many other companies are reluctant to help out! If you bend one of your cusco zero2's or they're faulty - you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that wants to hear you out!

Like i said, we're here to help you all out! ;)

i understand u're here to help and all that. not doubting that bit. i just wanna see where the line is drawn as to being labelled a "merchant". Anyone remember ignitionX? :P he got some serious slapping

also coz there's always issues about some dubious posts being "advertising" (CES) and some ppl being "mouthpieces", paid or not.

then there's also "members" that are "helping out" other members, which sometimes seem too good to be true.

i've never doubted anything from buddyclub. if i didn't, Northy's car wouldn't be on your webpage at all (probably Advan's). It looks like the new buddyclub management seem to know what they're doing now, unlike a couple of years ago...

one of the things u guys could do is to reduce your lead times as much as u can. waiting 8-12weeks for a set of P1s is a pain, esp for a commodity size like 17x7 4x100. oh yeah, buddyclub makes some decent seats, if i remember correctly and also rails for the runX. perhaps getting them ADRed would be good. and also stuff for OTHER CARS. JDM doesn't really rule that much :P <runs>

Edited by shaohaok

i understand u're here to help and all that. not doubting that bit. i just wanna see where the line is drawn as to being labelled a "merchant". Anyone remember ignitionX? :P he got some serious slapping

also coz there's always issues about some dubious posts being "advertising" (CES) and some ppl being "mouthpieces", paid or not.

then there's also "members" that are "helping out" other members, which sometimes seem too good to be true.

i've never doubted anything from buddyclub. if i didn't, Northy's car wouldn't be on your webpage at all (probably Advan's). It looks like the new buddyclub management seem to know what they're doing now, unlike a couple of years ago...

one of the things u guys could do is to reduce your lead times as much as u can. waiting 8-12weeks for a set of P1s is a pain, esp for a commodity size like 17x7 4x100. oh yeah, buddyclub makes some decent seats, if i remember correctly and also rails for the runX. perhaps getting them ADRed would be good. and also stuff for OTHER CARS. JDM doesn't really rule that much :P <runs>

Hey, thanks again for your concern - let me clarify our position here:

We're different to Ignition-X, main difference bieng that Ignition X was selling things - we aren't. We are a wholesaler, not only are we not allowed to sell anything, but we dont even have access to stuff to sell!

Secondly - If you're waiting 8-12 weeks for a set of wheels then you're probably not dealing with an official distributor, and whatever wheels you do buy won't be covered under warranty. There are literally piles and piles of wheels at the warehouse, maximum lead time would be three business days.

Thridly - In relation to the seats, ADR approval costs MEGABUCKS - there is a reason why 95% of seat manufacturers don't ADR their seats - its not worth doing!

Again, surely someone wanting to service the largely neglected corolla market is a good thing! If you guys aren't interested say the word and i'll dissapear :rolleyes:

Hey, thanks again for your concern - let me clarify our position here:

We're different to Ignition-X, main difference bieng that Ignition X was selling things - we aren't. We are a wholesaler, not only are we not allowed to sell anything, but we dont even have access to stuff to sell!

Secondly - If you're waiting 8-12 weeks for a set of wheels then you're probably not dealing with an official distributor, and whatever wheels you do buy won't be covered under warranty. There are literally piles and piles of wheels at the warehouse, maximum lead time would be three business days.

Thridly - In relation to the seats, ADR approval costs MEGABUCKS - there is a reason why 95% of seat manufacturers don't ADR their seats - its not worth doing!

Again, surely someone wanting to service the largely neglected corolla market is a good thing! If you guys aren't interested say the word and i'll dissapear :rolleyes:

don't take things the wrong way man, i'm just raising all these things NOW before things get ugly. someone sooner or later is just going ask the same things. if u read thru this forum, there's always been sensitive issues with anyone who has a relation with any business.

there was no official distributor to deal with back then. lucky we have you now.

ok, cool. now we know your stance on the seats. thanks for being positive.

As far as seat go, they don't need to meet ADRs specifically, they can meet an equivalent international standard as well, ie many racing seats and harnesses have FIA approval which also meets (and surpasses) all ADR requirements. I'll do some more reading up on it.

don't take things the wrong way man, i'm just raising all these things NOW before things get ugly. someone sooner or later is just going ask the same things. if u read thru this forum, there's always been sensitive issues with anyone who has a relation with any business.

there was no official distributor to deal with back then. lucky we have you now.

ok, cool. now we know your stance on the seats. thanks for being positive.

Hey, its all gravy - i was bieng lighthearted. Its good to see someone with the

community health in mind!

Just for the record:

Buddyclub P1 17x7 are still being produced yes?

Cheers dude.

absolutley! Everything we stock is on the website, AND priced!

www.buddyclub.com.au

Ahh insurance companies - can't give with them, can't live without them

Thanks again folks!

edit: unfortunately, it doesn't look as though we are able to get the QF's in - and Buddy club stopped making the p1's in 16 inch :(

and when r u guys gonna get some more lug nuts? i wanted to order them with my rims but its out of stock

Edited by sportiyo

are all your nuts 1 pce or do you have 2 pce (floating nut) as well?

only one piece at the moment. Soon we're due to get a big fat shipment of 1.5 thread wheel nuts to suit toyota's! Stay tuned!

Mr Buddyclub im interested in the seats and know the price but how much are the equivalent BC runx seat rails to go with them????

The prices are on the website mate! The rails i am unsure about - however i know of a place that does custom rails (he did my custom rails) - and they're super fantastic quality

so approx 860 for the seat + rails. Its possible that buddyclub don't make rails for the zze - if not i'll be happy to put you in contact with my friend who can sort you out!

Welcome aboard mate :)

Already sent you a pm :)

Yo dude! Replied ;) Thanks for the welcome

I'm def interested in BC stuff. I'll be even more interested when the BC range broadens to include more bolt on products for our rolla's :toast:

I'm working on that right now!

Welcome aboard buddy club!!

My possible wants would be some engine dress up kits(carbon fibre covers or billet ally ones) and straight bolt on big brake kits.

Shao take a chill pill bro. It's all good and has approval from the mod team. So sit back relax and spend some more money on your latest car!!! Or the new one you are getting next week perhaps:)

My possible wants would be some engine dress up kits(carbon fibre covers or billet ally ones) and straight bolt on big brake kits.

Shao take a chill pill bro. It's all good and has approval from the mod team. So sit back relax and spend some more money on your latest car!!! Or the new one you are getting next week perhaps:)

*The curtains poetically grace themselves back, as a mother would unfurl her arms from her newborn, and there emerges an Aston Martin Vantage driven by a baby faced asian dude, who is most likey, very very uber.*

are all your nuts 1 pce or do you have 2 pce (floating nut) as well?

only one piece at the moment. Soon we're due to get a big fat shipment of 1.5 thread wheel nuts to suit toyota's! Stay tuned!

i am only really interested in 2 pce now. 2 pce nuts is a must for anyone who takes pride in their wheels including bc wheels because we know they are quite expensive. once you have used 2 pce i doubt you would use the normal nuts again because they fade, scratch easily and easily cracks the wheel face since there is no floating nut to prevent stripping even if you are careful hand tightening.

Ah well i wasn't aware of that! I don't think we make the 2 piece nuts, i dont think any other japanese companies make two piece nuts as far as i am aware. It sounds like a 2 piece nut wouldn't be a structurally safe as a one piece aluminium nut anyway. If you use a torque wrench and follow manufacturer's specifications there shouldn't be any problem :)

That bieng said i might be wrong haha!

Thanks SILVA! We're looking into parts at the moment, we're sending a set of stock suspension over to head office next week so they can develop a set specifically to suit our needs!

That will be the first step, anything else we will get onto after that :D Thanks for the support!

And thanks to everyone else, please don't hesitate to ask us any questions you might have!!

:toast::yahoo:

Edited by Buddy Club