Springs installation price

pujo

hello guys. i'm looking for a good place to install my springs. these are lowered 30mm ones. now i gotta quote from midas and they said it would be around $300. i also called mount druitt suspension and they quoted me $180-$250 installation including wheel alighnment. does anyone know a good suspension joint where i can get a better deal? or is mount druitt suspension a reasonable price??

cheers

pj

I got to install springs into my car aswell.

Maybe we can go together and get both done for cheaper <_<

What was the place name in Mount Druit ?

Mt Druitt Suspension Centre

3 / 41 Kurrajong Ave Mt Druitt NSW 2770

ph: (02) 9625 2920

Edited by pujo

hello guys. i'm looking for a good place to install my springs. these are lowered 30mm ones. now i gotta quote from midas and they said it would be around $300. i also called mount druitt suspension and they quoted me $180-$250 installation including wheel alighnment. does anyone know a good suspension joint where i can get a better deal? or is mount druitt suspension a reasonable price??

cheers

pj

hey dude, i install mine at profix. $250 inc wheel alignment. u can ask them to bargain it down.

• 5 months later...

cheers

pj

hey dude, i install mine at profix. $250 inc wheel alignment. u can ask them to bargain it down.

Hey Jahat... which profix was this you went to? i'm interested in lowering mine too.

Cheers,

L.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
why not DIY? i'd rather spend a weekend morning fitting them myself than paying that amount of $$$

agreed!^^^ ;)

If you installed yourself, your insurance is not covered

what a load of ****.

well it's important - but more important is...how hard is it? do you need lots of like insanely expensive tools? is there a DIY posted?? :D it would be awesome to do it myself - but i'm a little freaked at touching anything myself...'cept maybe the dash lol...

is there a book on how to mod the levin sx??

• 2 weeks later...
why not DIY? i'd rather spend a weekend morning fitting them myself than paying that amount of $$$

agreed!^^^ ;)

what a load of ****.

well it's important - but more important is...how hard is it? do you need lots of like insanely expensive tools? is there a DIY posted?? :D it would be awesome to do it myself - but i'm a little freaked at touching anything myself...'cept maybe the dash lol...

it's bloody easy. all you need is a set of good sockets, spring compressor and common sense. though an air compressor would make things 10x easier.

agreed!^^^ ;)

what a load of ****.

it's bloody easy. all you need is a set of good sockets, spring compressor and common sense. though an air compressor would make things 10x easier.

Some sort of pry bars, rubber mallet, jack, stands, CRC for hard to remove bolts, know how to remove boot trim without breaking all the clips. There is a lot more to it than some seem to think. And I personally have done a hell of a lot of springs on corolla's and you will have some cars that everything is just plain easy to remove. Others have bolts done up that tight that even the rattle gun wont budge so break out the 500mm breaker bar and impact sockets and put 100kg's of SB on the end of it to remove. Some put up a fight but most eventually give in LOL. The last car I did had one of the strut top 13mm nuts done up that tight that when we put pressure on the nut to remove it it just rounded off. It took nearly an hour to remove it by splitting the nut delicately with a chisel. Somebody got a bit carried away tightening it to the point of where it had welded itself to the thread. I got it off and run a die over the thread and it was then good as gold.

So sometimes you will need more than just some good sockets and spring compressors.