RTA Hooning Commercial... The Remix

Btw i cant stand this add. I know plenty of chick that drive poorly. SOme because they just cant drive and other because they r hoons. Does that make them fat ugly moles? Accord to this add YES!

did u see that VL hahaha... chopped springs + back passengers = scraaaaapping lol...

imports do prevent erectile disfunction... tell that to Motor magazine... voted the commodore as car of the year pfff *wiggling pinky* lol

theyre comparing their pinky fingers to the size of his manhood.

haha u getz?

I get it... But aren't ads like this sexually discriminating ? It conveys the image that all hoons are young male drivers of commodores and falcons have little willies.

theyre comparing their pinky fingers to the size of his manhood.

haha u getz?

I get it... But aren't ads like this sexually discriminating ? It conveys the image that all hoons are young male drivers of commodores and falcons have little willies.

we studied advertisments like this in social justice at uni.

i believe it is safe to assume that the majority of hoons behind the wheel have a P3N15. - there are females out there who might speed but theyre far outnumbered by the males. but i think this ad is focussing on the majority of those who speed.

you got to look at this from an advertising perspective.

commercials are designed to be more or less a representation of how we aussies see ourselves. the typical aussie is what- a bronzed blonde haired aussie bloke who either loves his sport, his beer or his fast cars.

to go even further, typical aussies would drive fordz or holdenz, so the advertisers are goign it safe by using the " TYPICAL, AVERAGE AUSSIE BLOKE" in their adz. many australians - even though they dont look anything like that or particularly like any of those things, still consider this description to be the default image of an aussie male.

EXAMPLE - i consider myself AUSSIE first and foremost. but the people i come in contact with at uni, people i deal with at work and the students ive taught look at me as filipino. but even though im nothing like the typical aussie male i can see how that is considered the norm.

if they were to use a bloke who was anything else other than the majority/average/typical male, like an asian/wog/african/arab looking bloke in their place and used imported cars, then I would think (in my own opinion) that they were singling those races out, saying that these are the sorts of people specifically responsable for the speeding that is happening everyday on our roads.

there was a anti drug commercial a few years back that used a lebanese actor as a charactor who was pulled over by the copz and was found to have a small bag of some white substance tucked in his socks, then you see the image of the guy being cuffed. this was just about 5 seconds out of a 30+ second commercial which showed a whole bunch of people with abusing/being caught with drugs... but the advertisers got in sh!te coz it looked like they were singling out the lebanese.

ok i ran out of things to say...

Edited by JJCRU23R

wow wat a read... lol... but yea i agree... so to shorten wat u said... if u use blonde aussies in comodores that'd be okay coz it'll be seen like 'the typical male' coz of their majority... but if u put in like an ethnic person drivin an import then that'd be singling out races coz of their minority... :D

So basically the government (yes the government cause its an RTA ad) can encourage multi culturalism but when it comes to speeding, blame the white aussies?

So why not put on a car theft add and make it all lebs? I mean, where i live, car related theft is commited primarily by male youth of an ethnic back ground.

The other funny part about the add is, why have they got an anti speeding add when there is no speeding?

So i repeat what i said before, as there are more women in this country that smoke (as apposed to men), all women who smoke are fat ugly moles... Fact or RTA logic?

That was the most horrible hunk of garbage I've ever laid my eyes on.

The person who re-mixed that ad should be tied to a speeding car and driven through a knife factory.

My $0.02.

(P.S. That was somewhat enjoyable and thought I'd just come in here acting as a critic. No offence, Saif... :)

Anyone who does a burnout to impress the 'chicks' needs to reasses their life.

But hey, if people want to think hoons have small wangs so they feel better about themselves for having a small wang, so be it :P

So basically the government (yes the government cause its an RTA ad) can encourage multi culturalism but when it comes to speeding, blame the white aussies?

what i mean to say was that since they are using the regular white aussie bloke, they are trying to avoid focussing on race all together, as if to say that the "white" race doesnt really exist- white is just considered "normal" in Australia. when people talk about race in australia, its usually spoken when referring to minorities or indigenous groups, not referring white australians as a race.

Therefore any other race in that sort of commercial would make it seem like they were focussing specifically on THAT race.

So why not put on a car theft add and make it all lebs? I mean, where i live, car related theft is commited primarily by male youth of an ethnic back ground.

im pretty sure that most races have a few bad eggs who can break into and steal a car. Unless the RTA/police is going to make an ad and say specifically and explicitly that "AUSSIES OF LEBANESE DESCENT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THEFT" (which they arent).. then they wouldnt go and try 2 imply it either. theyd ignore the whole issue of race by placing a blonde aussie actor as the criminal.

The other funny part about the add is, why have they got an anti speeding add when there is no speeding?

i saw speeding that ad!

the idiot spinning his tyres at the lights... obviously his foot is on the gas a little too hard when he was completely stopped at the lights..

look at the guy who sped past when that woman was trying to cross the road. you cant say he was driving appropriately. driving appropriately is slowing down for the woman and letting her pass... instead of slowing down it looked as though he sped up?!

the last car who was trying 2 drift round a corner. you simply cant do that if you slowed down like youre supposed to.

the ad is talking bout speeding in a general sense, not just in terms of driving over the limit. all the examples in that ad had someone behind the wheel who didnt have the common sense to slow down.

not trying to pick on you dude, just trying to explain what i wrote in my earlier post.

learning this sociology stuff was long and exhausting but i think my lecturer did beat it into my head... im not even using the terminology she got us to use... you can imagine how confusing itll get if i started using words like discourse and hegemony and all the rest of it...

so to get off your essay answers lol

but what is the red car in the add (normal add where the lady tries to cross the road) ?? to me it looks like an old toyota ??

thanks

we'll 'pretend' it's a holden or ford for the sake of the add hehehe...

lol its kool Brad... to each their own i always say... i dunno but i like it i find it funny especially the last part with the monaro drifter hahaha lol

n OZROLA n Jase... overanalyzing ppl.... it was never really meant to be racist or ment to speak out to an ethnic group or wateva... it's just an add about 'hooning'.... the reason they chose a falcon n a comodore was because the media thinks that young AUSTRALIAN (note: not aussie nor ethnic... but both) youths usually drive those cars... wether they'r politically correct or not that's wat the media thinks... n with the 'remixed add' it's supposed to be a juxtaposition (i'm not even sure if its the right word) showing how imports are better than falcadores :D

$0.02 + A HELL OF A LOT MORE :D

Its an old celica.

I never reffered to driving dangerously so please dont assume i said the was no dangerous driving. I didn't.

I refering to the fact that ive heard even RTA employees call it an anti speeding ad. Theres no speeding. Yes there are illegal things, but no speeding :S

I do think racial background of the actors is over analyzing, but regardless, i think its sexual descrimination none the less. Maybe have one girl to represent the females and get rid of the pinky wiggling. im not one to blow my own horn, but i definatly dont fit into the small genital catagory and i do occasionally do something reckless behind the wheel.

we'll 'pretend' it's a holden or ford for the sake of the add hehehe...

lol its kool Brad... to each their own i always say... i dunno but i like it i find it funny especially the last part with the monaro drifter hahaha lol

n OZROLA n Jase... overanalyzing ppl.... it was never really meant to be racist or ment to speak out to an ethnic group or wateva... it's just an add about 'hooning'.... the reason they chose a falcon n a comodore was because the media thinks that young AUSTRALIAN (note: not aussie nor ethnic... but both) youths usually drive those cars... wether they'r politically correct or not that's wat the media thinks... n with the 'remixed add' it's supposed to be a juxtaposition (i'm not even sure if its the right word) showing how imports are better than falcadores :D

$0.02 + A HELL OF A LOT MORE :D

yes you used the right word :P

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

This ad kills me cos its amazing how many chics actually want to jump into a Hoon car! just drive down the hume highway and for every hoon car you see there is a good looking chic in the passenger seat!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

This ad kills me cos its amazing how many chics actually want to jump into a Hoon car! just drive down the hume highway and for every hoon car you see there is a good looking chic in the passenger seat!

its funny cause its true :toast:

yaaay i got juxtaposition right :D so maybe i did pay attention in skool hehehe...

i found some more remixed videos on youtube that share the view that the commercial has nothin to do with speeding... enjoy...

ghqeKkJbMH0

rdsBStAbAi4

PFOz_JsOovk

FIN

Edited by d_ice