Satellite Navigation to DVD conversion

michael

im pretty sure you have to source this out with toyota, there must be a specific module avaliable for the conversion, just have to have them price it...

being a factory nav system it would be easiest I imagine to get the module through them (dealership)...

it may be possible to do so, although the main thing with this issue is that the software within the dvd sat nav machine is not capable of reading the encoding of the video dvd disc, only that of a nacigation disc

;)

i had the same question when i bought my car 6 months ago. what i found out was that the dvd sat nav head unit does not have the capacity for extra aux inputs so there is no way of connecting an external dvd player/mp3/ipod etc to it.

Also the dvd rom that came with the system only reads data discs as it is not a dvd player.

There is only one option - an expensive one that is, is to get someone to modify and engineer an aux input so you can watch dvds on the sat nav screen. I was told by a guy i spoke to that he would charge about AU$750 to do it. On the other hand, you can get adapters to do the same thing but they are roughly the same price.

Take a look at this link

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ST&f=26&t=9205&

it is pretty much what you guys need, just waiting for the guy to release and sell the thing, should work on our sat nav systems.

hope it helps, anyone with more info are welcome to add to this as i also want to play dvds in car.....

cheers :)

Take a look at this link

it is pretty much what you guys need, just waiting for the guy to release and sell the thing, should work on our sat nav systems.

hope it helps, anyone with more info are welcome to add to this as i also want to play dvds in car.....

thanks for the responses guys.. looks like there are quite a few of us out there who would like to get their hands on an adapter

hopefully something will become available soon ... :rolleyes::unsure:

steve

• 9 months later...

Take a look at this link

thanks for the responses guys.. looks like there are quite a few of us out there who would like to get their hands on an adapter

hopefully something will become available soon ... :rolleyes::unsure:

steve

:o

hey you there

hi this is rajesh from india

i had done it on my 2000 ;andcruiser prado

kdkzj95w series

please attach the photograph of front panel of your satnav unit so i may be in a position to advice something

thanks

by the way i am currently viewing dvds via a additional standalone player & also having reverce camara override to the priority

it surely does not costs thatmuch ($ 750)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know someone who can add an AUX input for you for around $250 - $300.

He's an installer from Fairfield Car Radios. Just ring them (details on www.fairfieldcarradio.com.au) and ask for Sam.

In Sydney only.