Rim Repair Places

LiMz RoLLa

Hey,

Does anyone know good cheap places where i can repair my rims? I've got a few dents and scratches in mine that i want to get rid of.

I've enquired at D Sports and he said about $50-80 per rim depending on damage. I also read up on Dylans DIY but i'm not confident enough. So just looking at my options.

Cheers.

Sounds like a good price but make sure you take a look at a sample of their work!

New HR125's are about $245 retail FYI if you get desperate :lol:

P.S. Limza you really should trade the bronze for a fresh coat of white... You should see mine :D :D

White one white 1ZZ FTW

P.P.S. What sort of hub rings are you using? Also take off the plastic-chrome centre caps, it looks WAY better, and nobody knows what brand your rims are

Edited by Tayles

Sounds like a good price but make sure you take a look at a sample of their work!

New HR125's are about $245 retail FYI if you get desperate :lol:

P.S. Limza you really should trade the bronze for a fresh coat of white... You should see mine :D :D

White one white 1ZZ FTW

P.P.S. What sort of hub rings are you using? Also take off the plastic-chrome centre caps, it looks WAY better, and nobody knows what brand your rims are

I dont have the dough to get new rims.

I always was going for the white on white look. Until i came across these. I just love the contrast it gives. Maybe you should powder coat yours bronze. :spiteful:

Hub rings?? Sorry i dunno what they are. I know what the hub is, but ring? and will do for the chrome centre caps.

Haha I do like the bronze but I'm a white man now! Definitely $80 is a fair price for the repairs though.

Your tyre fitter probably organised them without saying anything but here's some info from a previous thread

but Hub rings ...

they are polycarbonate rings they do not corrode, cause rattling, or show signs of wear like metal! polycarbon is extremely durable and forms a tighter seal between the hub and the wheel. these will not melt, crack, or break over time under normal use. suitable for street and track use.

Hub rings are designed primarily for aftermarket wheels which tend to have an oversized centre hole, to cater for all spigot designs. The vertical loads of the wheel are supposed to be transmitted through the spigot, and the hub ring ensures that the wheel sits on the hub as opposed to transmitting the loads through the wheel studs (which are there purely to transmit torque)

50 - 80 is so cheap !! OMG .. i got quoted $100 straight from my panel beater... he knows a bloke :D

mine i just got kerb side dents.. :( i been meaning to get them fixeds buh 100 each is a bit too much

>< each rim no doubt has scratches n dents :(

• 2 weeks later...

I took them to D Sports and the rim i had a few gutter rashes on was repaired for $50 and another rim that had a buckle plus gutter rashes for $90. IMO i think it's a reasonable price. The second rim was $90 due to the fact he had to heat the rim up to be able to bend the rim back in shape. I'm picking up the rims tomorrow so will tell you guys the quality of the work.

Oh and thanks Pete for the contact. Maybe next time ill give them a call.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Haha I do like the bronze but I'm a white man now! Definitely $80 is a fair price for the repairs though.

Your tyre fitter probably organised them without saying anything but here's some info from a previous thread

but Hub rings ...

they are polycarbonate rings they do not corrode, cause rattling, or show signs of wear like metal! polycarbon is extremely durable and forms a tighter seal between the hub and the wheel. these will not melt, crack, or break over time under normal use. suitable for street and track use.

Hub rings are designed primarily for aftermarket wheels which tend to have an oversized centre hole, to cater for all spigot designs. The vertical loads of the wheel are supposed to be transmitted through the spigot, and the hub ring ensures that the wheel sits on the hub as opposed to transmitting the loads through the wheel studs (which are there purely to transmit torque)

OH.....Where can we buy the hub rings? and size? :unsure:

but Hub rings ...

OH.....Where can we buy the hub rings? and size? :unsure:

I got mine from USA 54.1mm to 76mm for my rims $35.00 for all 4 .. some people say they got theres for free but you will just call around tyre places ... or call the company of your rim ..eg ANZ ...simmons ...etc