Corolla Speaker Upgrade

Completos

Hi Guys,

Wanting to upgrade speakers from stock in 05 corolla hatch, from previous posts i'm assuming speaker size is Front: 6.5" and Rear: 5 1/4". First is this correct?

I've been looking at alot of speakers and most popular is 6". Are these likely to fit onto the Rolla with or without the 6.5" adapter?

Any piccies showing door panel removal would help also

Cheers

Hundreds of people here have done speaker upgrades in the front and rear that sit behind the stock speaker grilles/door trims. You just might have to get a little creative with the rears (not hard) and if the speaker manufacturer supplies brackets then you can always modify them to fit.

Here are instructions for removal of the door trim thanks to kcorro and this thread/forum

"1. Wind the window up and open the door.

2. Remove the window winder. If you don't have the special tool for removing window winders you can use a small rag. If you've got electric windows skip this step.

3. Remove the screw that's hidden behind the square screw cover near the door handle.

4. Remove the upper armrest trim. This is hard plastic and if you've got electric windows this is where the control buttons are. Start at the end towards the door handle. Pull upwards and once this end is loose you can slide the trim forward to free the other end because it's slotted under the lower armrest trim.

5. Remove the lower armrest trim by pulling upwards. This is soft plastic and it's quite flexible.

6. Remove the screws that were hidden by the armrest trims.

7. The door panel is now only held on by plugs that go around the left, right and bottom sides. Start at the bottom corners and pull the panel towards you. Work your way around the sides until the left, right and bottom is free. Lift the door panel up because the top side sits over the door frame."

Now your next question will be "OMGz how do I remove the speakers WTFz they are rivetted in". Take one portable drill and one drill bit and drill right through the middle of the rivetts, you know they're done when they pop out.

The installation is completely up to you

• 3 weeks later...

if you going to upgrade the speakers just do the front splits go good quality and you will have a great sound in the car try HB QUATS thats what i used and with no amp (to lazy to put it in at the time) they sound unbelivable better than bostan acustics and cheaper....

I have just completed my audio install yesterday by Tower Audio.

Fitted with MQ quartz premium frt and D-series at the back.

Sound super, especially you need a decent amp and sound deadening installed.

The ones I had are 6.5 inch for frt and back.