What lock nuts can I get?

mattyboy

Hey people,

I have just put some sportivo wheels on my corolla ascent. Now looking for lock nuts for some security. One store told me they couldnt sell me lock nuts as the wheels have a strange taper or something. Anyone know if I can get decent aftermarket lock nuts for these wheels? Thanks!

Hmm thats strange. The guy at the tyre place was sure they none of his would fit, and he had the full speedy range. You dont need tapered nuts or anything? Anyone else put lock nuts on their stock sportivo wheels?

• 1 month later...
Any that are 12 x 1.5mm size? I haven't had any issues fitting locknuts from 3 or 4 different brands.

Yup, I bought mine from Autobarn. I think the brand is called "The Wheel Doctor". Try Supercheap or any tyre fitting shops as well.

Make sure you note your key number and keep it somewhere safe (they recommend inside your car <_< )

just out of curiosty ... how safe are these loc nuts.. ??

even if u bought aftermarket ones .. n e 1 can just go n buy the same one n it will come with the same key .. is my finking right ?

if that the case its pretty err not that secure tho in a way ?

If somebody has the same nuts as you then they will have the tool and hence be able to remove yours. Remember they are mass-produced so it's hard to give each set their own identity :lol: my weds sport nuts are 7-sided with 2 vertical grooves in them. If you bought weds nuts you'd be able to take mine off too.

just out of curiosty ... how safe are these loc nuts.. ??

even if u bought aftermarket ones .. n e 1 can just go n buy the same one n it will come with the same key .. is my finking right ?

if that the case its pretty err not that secure tho in a way ?

Locknuts are great man. I would say they deter away 8/10 wheel stealers. Having them is much much better than having nothing. Best way of protecting your wheels for the money you pay. Wheel sensors for alarm and datadots are quite expensive.