Aurion Sportivo Mods

mc223

I own a 2006 Aurion Sportivo SX6 (Carribean Blue), and its just gone past the 20,000km mark.

I've done a series of modifications, and was just trying to guage if there is any interest in me posting some "How to" guides.

The mods include:

Black Lighting - Under the passenger console and drivers console (Invisible until you put your feet there)

Accessory Power - Ive installed a Phone charger, Navman, and 3.5mm jack (what you would use for an Ipod for example) and all the cables are hidden.

Speakers - Ive done the 6x9 install in the front (I see that there is already a topic on that)

The Infamous Radio Backlight :idea: - I have installed a dimming switch with the help of a mate, and it was the largest time taking mod for the smallest result... Still i must say that it is remarkably less annyoing now

Neon lighting - Ive also installed neon boot lights, which serve more of a Useful purpose, as i found the stock boot lights a little poor.

Ive put some meshing in front of the radiator and ive got another black light on that which gives off a rather 'dull' glow. - I was hoping for alot more when i installed it, but at night it gives a bit of an effect.

Please let me know if you are interested in these mods, it's nothing incredible, but i have some photos during the install process of most of it, which might lend a hand if you take on one of these challenges.

MC223

I own a 2006 Aurion Sportivo SX6 (Carribean Blue), and its just gone past the 20,000km mark.

I've done a series of modifications, and was just trying to guage if there is any interest in me posting some "How to" guides.

The mods include:

Black Lighting - Under the passenger console and drivers console (Invisible until you put your feet there)

Accessory Power - Ive installed a Phone charger, Navman, and 3.5mm jack (what you would use for an Ipod for example) and all the cables are hidden.

Speakers - Ive done the 6x9 install in the front (I see that there is already a topic on that)

The Infamous Radio Backlight :idea: - I have installed a dimming switch with the help of a mate, and it was the largest time taking mod for the smallest result... Still i must say that it is remarkably less annyoing now

Neon lighting - Ive also installed neon boot lights, which serve more of a Useful purpose, as i found the stock boot lights a little poor.

Ive put some meshing in front of the radiator and ive got another black light on that which gives off a rather 'dull' glow. - I was hoping for alot more when i installed it, but at night it gives a bit of an effect.

Please let me know if you are interested in these mods, it's nothing incredible, but i have some photos during the install process of most of it, which might lend a hand if you take on one of these challenges.

MC223

Looks like you can open a workshop (just kidding). My small problem is I want to stop the stop lights at the back because I've already have lights from the spoiler. I don't have much time therefore I have to wait for the first service (and they may charge for it). I also wish to know more about the car. In short, my query: how can I stop the stop light at the back (even I have to cut the cable) ?

BH

The mods include:

MC223

Looks like you can open a workshop (just kidding). My small problem is I want to stop the stop lights at the back because I've already have lights from the spoiler. I don't have much time therefore I have to wait for the first service (and they may charge for it). I also wish to know more about the car. In short, my query: how can I stop the stop light at the back (even I have to cut the cable) ?

BH

You can easily remove the wiring harness connected to the tail lights...

on a side note, i think removing that would be a bit dangerous...since people will expect to see you break with the taillight turning on at the right spot and not necessarily on the spoiler...

Hi,

Would love to know how to dim the radio backlight. :clap: There are quite a few people on here that would love to see a guide.

If you get a chance please post up how you did it..

Thanks

The mods include:

MC223

Snap - I have a Caribbean Blue SX6 too! Only done 1,000Kms though as we only bought it a few weeks back.

I'd REALLY like the how to guide on "Accessory Power - Ive installed a Phone charger, Navman, and 3.5mm jack (what you would use for an Ipod for example) and all the cables are hidden.". It would be great if you could post that.... Cheers

on a side note, i think removing that would be a bit dangerous...since people will expect to see you break with the taillight turning on at the right spot and not necessarily on the spoiler...

Thanks - Looking around but could not find the cables. The spoiler covers >80% of the taillight anyway and looks not professional when both lights turn up at the same time. Will look closer this weekend.

Again, many thanks

BH

Thanks - Looking around but could not find the cables. The spoiler covers >80% of the taillight anyway and looks not professional when both lights turn up at the same time. Will look closer this weekend.

Again, many thanks

BH

It should be behind some kind of carpet/fabric type material. There should be tabs you need to pull off before you access the tail lights......

It should be behind some kind of carpet/fabric type material. There should be tabs you need to pull off before you access the tail lights......

Many thanks for all sugestion but I have to give up - waiting for my first service (5000km or 3 months). - I could not access inside due to the blind, could not find cables from the boot - cables go to the lights on the spolier come from somewhere at the front of the car and they are tied up (using normal cables ties) with the boot hinge.

Again - thanks,

BH

The mods include:

MC223

So is there enough interest in posting the How To guide for the Accessory Power mod? I for one would really appreciate this!

Cheers

Ok,

Well im 50% of the way through the accessory mod guide. Im taking my time with it to make sure all the essential details are covered, that saves round of questions. I will incorporate the Backlight Dim into the Accessory mod, as the first stages are very similar.

Hopfully should have both of these, and possibly the Blacklight mod :) posted by the end of August..

Wondering anyone can help and give me some advise?

I am going to upgrade the 6x9 speakers on the rear this weekend and also noted that boot light is very useless and wondering whether to upgrade to neon or LED? I assume if I get the 12V type I can tap it straight out from the existing light's wiring?

Thanks,

Stephen

Edited by stephenp

Find Below...

The Console Before Starting...

post-4861-1187210837_thumb.jpg

You need to take the shifter off, it just unscrews like normal but to lift the actual console off acround it, it needs to be in neutral otherwise even with the shifter off it will catch. The easiest way i found is to turn the car to 'on' and then depress brake put the car in neutral and then turn it back to 'acc'. Get the console off (see below) and then return the shifter to the 'P' and turn off the car.

post-4861-1187210897_thumb.jpg

If you lift the lid on the dickie seat, both the tray and deep lids, you can see where the console meets it and you should be able to open it up by applying pressure upwards there, it maybe a little stiff. Once you've got it seperated lift it over the shifter and then to a side (the opposite to where your sitting usually is best)

post-4861-1187210932_thumb.jpg

As mentioned above. This is what you should see once youve got the console open.

post-4861-1187211290_thumb.jpg

I'll refer to this one later on, but its how ive soft mod'd instead of cutting wires.

post-4861-1187211312_thumb.jpg

I'll refer to this later as well, This is the frame behind the accesory panel, if your going to install that dimmer switch or audio jack, this will become your new best-worst friend

post-4861-1187211347_thumb.jpg

Now i know that there is a variety of ways to do this. And that this may not be the best. But its what ive done and it works well for me.

I dissasembelled the end of a doble adapter extension cord for 12v and fed it through a small hole in the top of the ashtray. which when you have the angled panel at the front closed you cant see. (see picture above). and then i plugged all my 12v accessories into the double adapter/ however many things you can put on there, i only needed 3 so i put only three in.

So ive got a mobile phone charger, which feeds around to the drivers side into that little coin pocket beside your left leg. and my phone sits in there.

I fed the navman charger up behind the dash and through where on the presara i believe is the seat adjust buttons thingo just to the right of the wheel. (im sure you can find another spot.

And my black lights which go to both the passenger and driver side.

post-4861-1187212462_thumb.jpg

Thats the frame arund the infamous backlight you need to get the allen key thingo that opens those pictured. (I'll refer to this in later posts)

post-4861-1187212495_thumb.jpg

I went and bought another badge from toyota (i had the part no but not any more) and then i just took that piece out and stuck the sportivo bit there.

It looks ok.. and keeps the car semi-genuine.

• 1 month later...

Hey mate,

Keep up the excellent work. I been thinking of buying an Aurion but my biggest problem is my music. I don't carry CDs anymore, it's so 80s. I just have a 40GB iRiver mp3 player and just wanna hook it up through a 3.5mm jack and listen to it.

Would really look forward to seeing how you've installed the accessories.

My question is, why does Toyota not have an Aux in through the front like the new Corolla. It won't even cost them $50 to add it in there.

A bit of a let down there. A good car, without it's basics.

Please keep us posted with your How to...

Thanks heaps.

Cheers.

D.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone worked out how to install a Mobile Phone Bluetooth kit into the sportivo?

I have in its basic form, but would love to get the radio mute to work, (If i could find the loom) or even ideally wire it through the radio itself!!!

Look forwad to any answers

Has anyone worked out how to install a Mobile Phone Bluetooth kit into the sportivo?

I have in its basic form, but would love to get the radio mute to work, (If i could find the loom) or even ideally wire it through the radio itself!!!

Look forwad to any answers