Camry - Mirrors Control

cosmichobo

G'day,

I have a deposit on a 2000 Camry Conquest, subject to RACQ inspection.

The inspection turned up only 2 problems:

1. Battery went flat whilst having a "high powered" light connected to it during the test

2. The side mirrors did not respond to the control switch.

I'm assuming the battery issue was probably just due to lack of use... looks like the car has been in the yard for a few months at least... so not real concerned - or should I be..?

Any suggestions on what could be at fault with the mirrors? Cost of repair? Is it easy to access the control switch (ie without removing the entire dash)?

The dealer tried to tell me that he'd already pointed out the mirror fault when we signed the paperwork, but he definitely didn't...

Cheers

cosmic

how many km has it done???

when you said high powered lights, you mean HID?

It's done 192,000km... Certainly on the higher end of the "average" according to the Red Book website... asking price is $7,990.

I'm not sure what exactly was hooked up to the battery... the caryard guy just called it a high powered torch or something, I pictured just a fluro tube, but maybe it was more intense than that to have flattened the battery.

When I took the car for a test drive last week, it started first time, no hesitation. Didn't need to be jumped, which is more than I can say for most of the 2nd hand cars I've bought before...

damn for that KMs the price is abit high.

well I don't know what happened to the mirrors, but mine still working even though its 2 years older than your camry. So its either a new motor or battery, but get a battery voltage tester, check the voltage.

Check the fuse for the mirrors, check the switch is plugged in and then check the mirrors are getting power to them... If all thats good, both mirrors are stuffed, but if you're not getting power to them, check all your connections...

Battery will most likely need replacing...

Dealer should have to fix both items upon vehicle purchase...