rear speaker upgrade camry conquest 2000

{{HoTtWaXx}}

Hi, just got my new speakers for the camry, and then i thought...how do we get to the speakers out and the new ones in. i came up with the idea that weneed to remove the parcel shelf to do so. So does anyone know how to do it :help:

Cheers

Remove the rear seat base...

Fold the seat backs down...

Remove the two sides of the back seat (undo 12mm bolt at the bottom and slide seat part upwards)...

Remove the C Pillar Trims...

Undo bolts for child restraints on Parcel Shelf and also remove eye level brake light assembly...

Remove rear parcel shelf...

btw, your HU is original or aftermarket? If original, i dont really think u can just connect them like tat. U will need convertor or sth else? and original speakers are 6x9, wat size are u hving now? need spacer?

Just some tips b4 u opening up the whole car and finding more problems...

changing rear speaker, does this mean u hv changed the front before?

i think i m asking too much hay? :ph34r:

rears first coz otherwise id have to actually work out what size the fronts are :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P plus get better bass for the 6X9s, which is good coz i wont get a sub...for a while, like after maybe at least 1.5 years coz i got the rest of yr12 this yr then (hopefully) got tafe next yr. i might think bout getting a job then :P

Sorry to tell you this but you'll need spacers. This is because Toyota is renowned for using 3 screws to hold down their speakers whereas all aftermarket speakers have screws on all 4 corners. This means that you will need to make a spacer screwed down using the original 3 screw holes and then screw your speakers in using the 4 standard screws if you know what i mean. There is also the problem with the way the parcel shelf is shaped to fit the 3 screw configuration. So if you were to just try to drill new holes, then there will be gaps everywhere and probably sound worse than stock unfortunately. There is no easy way to do this.

if u wan to do the lazy way, just put on the speaker, and screw onto where the holes(on speaker) are, dont care bout the 3 original holes. Meaning, make new holes.

Before doing so, to make sure no gaps, easy, put cardboard(thick) in between of speaker and the metal then screw on.

You'll need to find a drill be sharp enough and drill short enough for that to work as you have about 5 cm to work with :P And why not do it right first time so there are no probs later :) Saves the trouble of redoing it again later on :)