cold air intake on SV21

Neon

Or run flexi hose up into the airbox, or direct it at your pod or what ever you have......

If you go the flexi hose dont buy the crap from supercheap, go to an Air Con. place and ask if they have the heavy duty ducting flexi pipe. I found its cheaper and you get 2x the length.

SRI

ShortRamIntake (defect)

it's wen u just have the pod sitting in the engine bay

CAI

ColdAirIntake (non-defect)

it's then u have the pod in a box and have a pipe feeding air to the box from outside the engine bay... hence the 'cold air'

if u want SRI the easiest way to do it is using a square filter... wat i did was remove the bottom of the stock air box... glue/screw the top of the air box to the air filter and that's it... instant SRI :D

• 4 weeks later...

its possible. ask leasurance hes done a neat setup.

Otherwise, what i've done is take out the air resonators that are in the front fender and run a flexi hose from the bottom of the front bar to the air box, then drilled 1/4 - 1/2 inch holes (maybe a big bigger i forget the size i used) on the bottom of the air box ( in areas that dont have splash marks on them ), and it goes friggin hard, i just put a few bigger holes in recently and its amazing what a difference it makes, i can hit 100k in second gear in an instant. It absolutely leaves my N/A skyline for dead. (but thats not the only mod ive done thats contributed to that)

its possible. ask leasurance hes done a neat setup.

Otherwise, what i've done is take out the air resonators that are in the front fender and run a flexi hose from the bottom of the front bar to the air box, then drilled 1/4 - 1/2 inch holes (maybe a big bigger i forget the size i used) on the bottom of the air box ( in areas that dont have splash marks on them ), and it goes friggin hard, i just put a few bigger holes in recently and its amazing what a difference it makes, i can hit 100k in second gear in an instant. It absolutely leaves my N/A skyline for dead. (but thats not the only mod ive done thats contributed to that)

i've just got a few questions about this

1. was this done on an SV21?

2. Where and what are air resonators?

3. I don't understand why you had to drill holes in the air box

here are couple of photos of my CAI setup.

Wow~ it looks nicer with blue silver pipe, by the way, will it make more dirty on ur throttle? coz it is hi flow sys, i guess?

If it is, how often do u usually clean ur throttle by cabby cleaner?