Wiper Blades

Milgram

My 130,000km service is coming up and I need new wiper blades. Every service my mechanic replaces them but often the blades use do not last more than three months and they are quite noisy.

I am willing to spend a bit extra to get something decent and was wondering if anyone can recommend a wiper blade? All I require is something that will last a while and something that is quiet when wiping back and forth.

Cheers.

Edited by JMacca53

Just ask a Toyota service/parts department for some and they should be able to get you the original one's for around $9.95 each.

Depends what model Camry you got.

Edit: Are you talking about the rubber or the blade assembly?

Edited by Zeus

I'll post the prices I got quoted on for the wipers. I'm looking to completely replace the wipers on my Camry. Mine is a 98 mod.

Right side:

Arm $20.65

Blade Assembly $28-

Rubber $9.35

Left side:

Arm as above

Blade Assembly $16.35

Rubber as above

These are the MTEC wipers I have on my 98 Camry :rolleyes: much better than the OEM Toyota Wipers <_<

copyofdsc04526ls6.jpg

copyofdsc04528by2.jpg

copyofdsc04524fi5.jpg

Nice Blades :rolleyes: for $35 i want one <_< will go hunting for some... bty are they Mtec or Intec...

i still use the original frames just replace the rubber inserts every year...

gets hot and dusty where i live have bit of sand blasting on top of windscreen... but cant do much about it...

I would recommend that people don't spend $40 on a set of wiper blades, since wiper blades are perishable and are constantly exposed to the elements. Why not just get a cheap set of "Aunger" branded wiper blades for $15 at K-Mart? They make them for the Camry. I currently have a set and they have been great. No funny noises, no streaking.

well its really up to you. You pay peanut you get monkey :whistling: , but yeah you get the cheap stuff they don't last as long as the more expensive items.

3 years ago, I used to buy just the cheap rubber from K-Mart ($5) and they're good, but after couple months they started to deteriorate. I had the MTEC Wipers for more than 8 months now and they're do the job as it was like a brand new set.