Warranty Clutch & flywheel??

OK after reading though the covered topics i didn't recall seeing anyone getting a new clutch and flywheel covered by Toyota. Has anyone had one fully covered by Toyota?? Did it fix the hard gear changes and crunchy box bull****??

I did but I know how to get what I want ;) I got new clutch kit, flywheel machined and new 2nd gear assembly,5th gear assembly and new 6th gear assembly(plus all synchros) all under warranty with 83 500km's on the clock.

I did but I know how to get what I want ;) I got new clutch kit, flywheel machined and new 2nd gear assembly,5th gear assembly and new 6th gear assembly(plus all synchros) all under warranty with 83 500km's on the clock.

Tell me was it a genuine Clutch?? Or after market?? Did it fix the probs?? I get the feeling its the push rod on the slave cylinder on the clutch it doesn't feel like it disengaging at high revs. Tho if i go from 4th to 2nd skipping 3rd she gets a crunch even at low revs . It just doesn't fee; like i think it should i have to say i drive alot of different cars everyday and the sportivos gear selecting is not as easy as i think it should be

Tell me was it a genuine Clutch?? Or after market?? Did it fix the probs?? I get the feeling its the push rod on the slave cylinder on the clutch it doesn't feel like it disengaging at high revs. Tho if i go from 4th to 2nd skipping 3rd she gets a crunch even at low revs . It just doesn't fee; like i think it should i have to say i drive alot of different cars everyday and the sportivos gear selecting is not as easy as i think it should be

Gear selection is a the push rod on the slave cylinder being out of adjustment. I've already had that done previously and it did fix the problem. I had other gearbox issues with synchro's etc etc that simply didn't work and got worse very quick. Clutch was replaced with a standard Toyota item.

Gear selection is a the push rod on the slave cylinder being out of adjustment. I've already had that done previously and it did fix the problem. I had other gearbox issues with synchro's etc etc that simply didn't work and got worse very quick. Clutch was replaced with a standard Toyota item.

It's the master cylinder pushrod, not the slave. The only way to "adjust" the slave is to change the pushrod to a different length.

Hey

I had massive problem with my gear box which resulted in replaceing the whole clutch line this was ment to be under warranty but i still had to pay half of everything

was ment to take it to department of fare trading but got lazy and didnt do so.

Toyota will try and dodge you out of any warranty with them

bottom fact is if it breaks within warranty it should be replaced at there cost only exception is for parts like Clutches, brakes which cop abuse 24/7 but evan this can be disputed and toyota need to provide proof the problem was caused by incorrect use or operation of these parts.

First step is to have a independant report done on the problem then a report done by toyota after you have both reports tackle toyota head on over a warranty issue this will tighten the loop holes which toyota try and use when voiding warranty.

Hope this was a help

Regards

Jas

Well i had mine looked at by toyota and im getting a gearbox rebuild cant remember what exactly is getting replaced but i know ther doing second gear syncros and some other stuff I dont think they will do the clutch under warranty but im going to put a Exedy HD clutch in it while they got the box out Anyone used one of these clutches b4 and what did you pay for it??

interesting. my clutch feels soft. also doesnt feel right. but she shifts alright. think i just need to get hte clutch adjusted. then il get the trd clutch put in

well from what i have read the Exedy HD clutch kit seems to be the best bang for your $$$ thats what I'm going to put in mine I had clutch adjusted when Toyota looked at it and it does feel a little better but it still crunches when down shifting especially from 3RD to 2ND

well from what i have read the Exedy HD clutch kit seems to be the best bang for your $$$ thats what I'm going to put in mine I had clutch adjusted when Toyota looked at it and it does feel a little better but it still crunches when down shifting especially from 3RD to 2ND

iv heard so! well let us know how it goes!

The good thing for me is that i can get all the parts from my work. and my servicing too