2004 Camry Sportivo Prices

sottovoce

Hi All,

I have started looking for my first (hopefully) Camry Sportivo (2004-2005) for the past few weeks and the prices varies (private sale).

Can anyone share the average price for this car (4 cylinder, less than 60,000 kms) in Melbourne? What is the maximum price I should be paying taking that the new Camry models are out?

Any advise, or even tips on what to look out for (common problems maybe with Camry) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and I hope to be able to own my first Camry and join in this forum soon.

Dave

you should be able to get a nice camry sportivo from $16,000.

Thanks for the tip.

I saw three 2004-2005 models with less than 60kms, all 2.4 litre just today (all private sale) around Melbourne, and they were asking for slightly above $20k!!!! I should think that with the new Camry models being out they should be asking for a lot lesser.

I will definitely, wait around for a better bargain. Can anyone advise of other sources I should seek besides carsales.com.au?

Tip: dont go dealer? go to auction. BUTTT, u must find smb who know the engine and stuff, and do investigate the engine and stuff. In vic, i have been able to help friends to get 03 camry altise $12k & 05 camry $15k. Can get cheaper, if u have time to time to visit more auctions. Most of all, its fun and exciting. It like either u get soso price, or save a few hundred for MODS!!!!!

Or u wan mine?? 05 camry $30k, custom lip kit? Audio? Rim? WAAHAHAHA!! (Joke)

Tip: dont go dealer? go to auction. BUTTT, u must find smb who know the engine and stuff, and do investigate the engine and stuff. In vic, i have been able to help friends to get 03 camry altise $12k & 05 camry $15k. Can get cheaper, if u have time to time to visit more auctions. Most of all, its fun and exciting. It like either u get soso price, or save a few hundred for MODS!!!!!

Thanks for the tip mate. When you say 05 Camry at $15k is that the sportivo?

And whereabouts are the auctions in VIC?

05 camry altise, and that is 1 yr ago, so i believe the price has gone down.

Erm... forgot the name, start with M? along the freeway to werribee from ct(again forgot the name). Try google, i found quite a few auctioners, especially government auction, a LOOOTT of cars.

Thanks for the tip mate. When you say 05 Camry at $15k is that the sportivo?

And whereabouts are the auctions in VIC?

The Clarion demo vehicle is up for sale! for $26.6k if your into serious sound(see carsales.com.au).

.......pity it is in a dif state.

As a rough guide:

For 2004-2005 Gen 5.5 V6 Sportivos ~16k-19k = 100k kms

~20k-23k = < 30k kms

4 Cyl abt 1-3k less

All depends on condition of course,rego life,colour,service history...etc (extras are worth Nil)

(I have heard the metalic colours have been slightly pricier than non metalics)

Auctions are ok if you take someone like a mechanic....there are no warranty on these....so what you might save may end up in repairs. I found buying from Auctions that the rego life is short lived.

Brad

When you say 05 Camry at $15k is that the sportivo?

05 Camry at $15K....... :blink: good price!!!

Just got a trade in price $19K yesterday for my 05 Camry Sportive with Sunroof, 6 cd/mp3 player, parking sensors, sport front grill and 28000km.

(trade for a brand new Astra SRi)

2 months ago, trade in price was $22k

(trade for a brand new Mazda 3 Maxx Sport)

Edited by cocacola