Aurion TRD Released

Cosmo

2007 TRD Aurion specifications

Engine

Type: Six cylinders, 60 degree V-formation, chain-driven DOHC with roller rockers, four valves per cylinder, all alloy, cross-flow heads, cast-iron cylinder liners

Capacity (cc): 3456

Bore x stroke (mm): 94.0 x 83.0

Compression ratio: 10.8:1

Fuel system: Sequential multi-point electronic port fuel injection with ACIS, hot-wire airflow meter

Fuel type: 98 RON PULP

Fuel tank capacity (lt): 70

Fuel economy (lt/100km): 10.9

Carbon dioxide (g/km): 257

Emission rating: Euro IV

Max. power: 241kW at 6400rpm

Max. torque: 400Nm at 4000rpm

Drivetrain

Transmission description: U660E six-speed automatic, electronically controlled with lock-up torque converter and artificial intelligence shift control

Steering

Type: Rack and pinion

Operation: Power

Turns lock to lock: 3.2

Brakes, etc

Front: Ventilated discs, 325mm x 32mm with alloy dual-piston front calipers

Rear: Ventilated discs, 310mm x 18mm with alloy single-piston front calipers

System: ABS anti-skid brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Brake Assist

Traction Control: Std.

Vehicle Stability Control: Std.

Suspension

Front: TRD sports suspension with increased coil spring rates and re-tuned shock absorbers, ball-joint-mounted anti-roll bar

Rear: TRD sports suspension with increased coil spring rates and re-tuned shock absorbers incorporating internal rebound springs, ball-joint-mounted anti-roll bar

Wheels, etc

Rims: 19 x 8J alloys

Tyres: 245/35ZR19 93Y

Body and dimensions

Type: Monocoque, four-door sedan

Length (mm): 4890

Width (mm): 1820

Height (mm): 1460

Wheelbase (mm): 2775

Front track (mm): 1572

Rear track (mm): 1562

Ground clearance (mm): 104

Towing capacity braked/unbraked (kg): 1600/500

Seats: 5

Luggage capacity (lt): 504

ARTICLES

TRD Launches Twin Hotties: http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2778149.aspx

Aurion TRD hints at Toyota excitement: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...ArticleID=42676

PHOTOS

20trd1_m_m.jpg

20trd3_m_m.jpg

20trd2_m_m.jpg

20aurionPUFF20070820173457.jpg

REVIEWS

Carpoint - TRD Aurion 3500S and 3500SL - http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2783028.aspx

Drive - First drive: TRD Aurion - http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...p;vf=7&pg=1

GoAuto - First drive: Toyota blows sport into Aurion - http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...A25733F00225F08

CarsGuide - TRD Aurion: mean machine with grunt - http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384...5003140,00.html

Edited by Cosmo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press Release:

TOYOTA INJECTS PERFORMANCE INTO ITS RANGE

Toyota Australia has injected 241kW of style, passion and performance into its range with the launch of the TRD brand and its first model, the supercharged TRD Aurion.

Locally designed and built, TRD Aurion is the most powerful Toyota ever seen in Australia.

It will sprint from 0 to 100km/h in 6.1 seconds and is speed-limited to a maximum of 250km/h.

Toyota Australia's senior executive director sales and marketing, David Buttner, said the TRD Aurion represented "Toyota plus".

"The TRD involvement elevates Aurion's dynamic capabilities while retaining Toyota's traditional quality, durability and reliability," Mr Buttner said.

"You've got Toyota - plus added style and performance."

Toyota Style Australia styled TRD Aurion's exterior and interior.

TRD Aurion is offered in two grades: 3500S, for sport, and 3500SL, after sports luxury.

Both are fitted with the 241kW supercharged engine, sports suspension, performance brakes, 19-inch alloy wheels, TRD front and rear bumpers, side skirt and rear spoilers, sports seats, power driver's seat, alloy pedals, TRD scuff plates, air conditioning and leather-wrapped steering wheel.

The 3500S - with an RRP of $56,990* - is strategically positioned below the luxury-car tax threshold.

The upper-grade 3500SL has added features including Smart Entry and TRD Smart Start, full leather interior, clearance and reverse parking sonars, dual-zone automatic air conditioning, six-way power front passenger seat and TRD floor mats.

The 3500SL has an RRP of $61,500*.

Mr Buttner said the price, specification, value and performance of the TRD Aurion would position it against both local and imported competition.

"TRD Aurion matches the size of the locally produced sports sedans that are priced above it, and it exceeds the performance of its imported rivals," he said.

TRD Aurion is the world's first production car to use the Eaton TVS (Twin Vortices Series) supercharger.

"It offers new levels of efficiency and quietness," Mr Buttner said.

"The standard Aurion engine is already at the forefront of technology - the most powerful naturally aspirated six-cylinder powerplant in its class.

"The Eaton supercharger lifts performance to a new plane with instant throttle response and excellent acceleration at low engine speeds.

"The power is delivered consistently and evenly throughout the rev range, rather than suddenly producing a neck-breaking surge.

"At the same time, it's so fuel-efficient you don't need to be a 'petrolhead' to enjoy exhilarating performance."

TRD Aurion's supercharged 3.5-litre V6 engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift.

"TRD Aurion will provide a balanced driving experience for a sophisticated market, integrating its power with dynamic cornering ability, precise steering response and impressive stopping performance," Mr Buttner said.

"It will distinguish itself by delivering its ample reserves of all-round performance in a way that is enjoyable and relaxing to drive - whether in traffic or on the open road."

waiting to see this for the last 12 months. finally its released. 0 to 60 in 6.1 and 250kmh limited. 241 kw sounds awesome. only downside is the price and the interior. exterior looks awesome as ive seen the real thing. id only buy it 2 or 3 years later if they decide to make it with awd. but then again i would have my e36 m3. i guess time will show.

I really like it, but I can't help thinking of the wasted potential, with FWD and with automatic only.

Not to mention the price is umm... quite steep.

x2 :( AWD manual will be a 200% winner

so wat's the difference between the TRD and the ZR6 asthetically??? except for the wheels they look identical

x2 :( AWD manual will be a 200% winner

so wat's the difference between the TRD and the ZR6 asthetically??? except for the wheels they look identical

If the FWD auto version is 60K, imagine what an AWD manual version would cost...

Look at one today, in the flesh and sat it in, have not yet given it a drive, i'm sure it will be impressive as i'm impressed with the normal aurions themselves.

But in all honesty....56g for the base is a bit too much.......for a car like that that feels like a normal aurion inside, well cause it is....the rims I like put that on a aurion SX6 and you have one hot looking car......

Looks like an awesome car, but what disappoints me most is that even a sunroof and sat nav is not standard on the 3500SL. It's meant to be sports LUXURY and Toyota's Highest spec model atm (Lexus doesnt count here <_<). Not to mention no HIDs...

Edited by Cosmo

Does anyone know how much for the supercharge itself? Possible to put into an aurion, which is not TRD?

Going from Toyota Australia's past history I think you'll find the cost of the supercharger and it's associated components (idler, intake, ecu, etc etc) to be excessive. would most likely be cheaper to trade your current Aurion on a TRD version.

Went and had a test drive of the TRD.. I must say it was good in most ways but the supercharger was a let down.

While the handling was good ,wait great and the suspension was good the supercharger isent as powerfull as i expected.

While you notice the kick its not as fast as i thought it Could or should be.

I got it up too 140, took it around some corners, Dragged off a wrx at the lights :toast:.

Now i think it dont feel as fast because it is only a small increase in power to 100kms or 140kms etc and there is no pushing back into your seat anymore than a normal aurion. but you can feel that small bit of extra power.

The seats in the TRD feel much better and i could of fallen alseep in them if i was tired.

I would love to take it for a drive around a track or mabey for a drive without the Sales staff in the car. (felt as if i couldent do much)

Also the brakes felt much more responsive. slowed down quicker when the light turned orange while going 120kms :P

Now after i got back in my Zr6 first thing i noticed is the lag when you put your foot down.. in the TRD its almost not there.. the zr6 feels a little slugglish in the steering than the TRD.

Mind you i would love to buy this car and have it to keep for ever and ever. Im very happy with my ZR6 and the price i got it for.

But for an extra 20k just to get the TRD 3500SL i really dont think its worth it. Wait a few months or so till they drop the price.

But 66k Drive away i dont think so!

Sorry TRD :(

Edited by Soloman

I asked the sales staff a few questions, hope this helps

No you can not put a supercharger in the Normal Aurion(void warrenty and not safe to do so)

Yes you will void your warrenty if you put a smaller pulley on the supercharger but you do get another 10%+ power on top of the current TRD power output

Yes you can get TRD brakes for your Aurion.

I asked the sales staff a few questions, hope this helps

No you can not put a supercharger in the Normal Aurion(void warrenty and not safe to do so)

Yes you will void your warrenty if you put a smaller pulley on the supercharger but you do get another 10%+ power on top of the current TRD power output

Yes you can get TRD brakes for your Aurion.

Never believe a salesman! he only there to sell you a new car. You can do all of the above just at your own risk. Now the factory supply an ADR approved supercharged Aurion it will be much easier to do legally but still no warranty of course. The hard part is getting the supercharger and the ECU program to match it. the brakes are a no brainer just buy and fit.

been thinking, if i can "sell" my aurion's warranty, for like 10k, i m very willing to get aftermarket supercharge. like 15+k more for trd aurion... when i can get $36k for sx6... i still will stay with my aurion.

Come on guys. 60K overproced for a TRD Aurion? You must be kidding.

There are people out there paying more than that for Fords and Holdens. You can't tell me that an Aurion is worth less than a Falcon or Commodore. The technology and manufacturing techniques actually belongs to this millenium.

Neil