Aurion TRD Released

Cosmo

Come on guys. 60K overproced for a TRD Aurion? You must be kidding.

There are people out there paying more than that for Fords and Holdens. You can't tell me that an Aurion is worth less than a Falcon or Commodore. The technology and manufacturing techniques actually belongs to this millenium.

Neil

he got a really gooodddd point here. reconmended for those commo and falcon people to get TRD aurion, but for people like me who just bought aurion... its hard to get TRD... and spending 15k more? i think i go for aftermarket turbo.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The [Ford and Holden] tribalists will not contemplate another brand as they aspire to own the latest version of the car their fathers drove," Mr Buttner said. "We believe this car will appeal to a more sophisticated buyer."

Glenn Butler, drive.com.au, 22/08/07

hahaha. i like this roundabout way of saying that Falcon and Comodore drivers are yobos! hahaha

"The [Ford and Holden] tribalists will not contemplate another brand as they aspire to own the latest version of the car their fathers drove," Mr Buttner said. "We believe this car will appeal to a more sophisticated buyer."

hahaha. i like this roundabout way of saying that Falcon and Comodore drivers are yobos! hahaha

Well I had VL, VR, VS Commodores then an AU falcon that got traded on an Aurion!

maybe i am a yobbo?

Well I had VL, VR, VS Commodores then an AU falcon that got traded on an Aurion!

maybe i am a yobbo?

Just out of curiosity, why did you get an AU Falcon to start with?

maybe i am a yobbo?

Just out of curiosity, why did you get an AU Falcon to start with?

lmao

Went and had a test drive of the TRD.. I must say it was good in most ways but the supercharger was a let down.

While the handling was good ,wait great and the suspension was good the supercharger isent as powerfull as i expected.

While you notice the kick its not as fast as i thought it Could or should be.

I got it up too 140, took it around some corners, Dragged off a wrx at the lights :toast:.

Now i think it dont feel as fast because it is only a small increase in power to 100kms or 140kms etc and there is no pushing back into your seat anymore than a normal aurion. but you can feel that small bit of extra power.

The seats in the TRD feel much better and i could of fallen alseep in them if i was tired.

I would love to take it for a drive around a track or mabey for a drive without the Sales staff in the car. (felt as if i couldent do much)

Also the brakes felt much more responsive. slowed down quicker when the light turned orange while going 120kms :P

Now after i got back in my Zr6 first thing i noticed is the lag when you put your foot down.. in the TRD its almost not there.. the zr6 feels a little slugglish in the steering than the TRD.

Mind you i would love to buy this car and have it to keep for ever and ever. Im very happy with my ZR6 and the price i got it for.

But for an extra 20k just to get the TRD 3500SL i really dont think its worth it. Wait a few months or so till they drop the price.

But 66k Drive away i dont think so!

Sorry TRD :(

Hmmm... Im not sure about this... but a mate of mine who works for toyota was telling me that the TRD Aurion has been detuned for traction reasons... it might have potential for 270kw so performance upgrades and dyno tuning anone?

Then again after spending that much money on a car like that it may be best to ride out the warranty first before tinkering eh?

Just think of all the lucky Toyota Managers... what car do you think they will want to drive next? :whistling:

Hmmm... Im not sure about this... but a mate of mine who works for toyota was telling me that the TRD Aurion has been detuned for traction reasons... it might have potential for 270kw so performance upgrades and dyno tuning anone?

They had enough trouble getting the 240kw out of the motor, 270 with the current charger is out of the question due to intake temps.

When they were testing with the older M series charger the engine made SFA more power due to the massive intake temps. They even tried an intercooler which hardly helped.

They had enough trouble getting the 240kw out of the motor, 270 with the current charger is out of the question due to intake temps.

When they were testing with the older M series charger the engine made SFA more power due to the massive intake temps. They even tried an intercooler which hardly helped.

The supercharged option was taken as it fits easily into the package FWD and V6 east west easily and delivers in a road car a nice broad powerband. With a 3.5L v6 with all all the mod cons it isn't able to make up for any deficiencies in the design as there aren't many. With 205 kw stock anyway with PULP the supercharger is really giving a peak gain of 20% about as good as you could expect but the lift in the overall average power is more significant throughout the 3500-6500rpm range.

241kw is a good effort Fords turbo intercooled 4L even in the Typhoon only claimed 270kw so with the 0.5 litre difference its doing as well as you could expect.

If you wanted to build a dyno day winner then twin turbo would be the go every time.

From what I read, Toyota aimed to have around 240kW for the TRD Aurion. They wanted something relatively simple too, and without an intercooler.

Exactly Holden proved that a supercharged V6 is a practical warrantyable soltion for an Australian road car in 1996 with the VR calais.

It's just a well trodden road that conservative Toyota are following.

The only innovation here is Harrops supercharger itself the concept is proven.

I think a mouth watering proposition would be supercharging the IS350, not sure if you could just whack it on... but in theory its the same engine as the Aurion just with direct injection which makes it good for 230kw and 380Nm, add supercharger and you in theory get 270kw and 450Nm (Id say even more given that its RWD so no need to go conservative for traction). Now the IS350 in original form does the 100 in 5.8 seconds, with a supercharger it would be under 5. Can only dream on! Maybe if we are lucky this is the future of the TRD Aurion, eventually getting the direct injection version... then AWD.... then goodbye FPV and HSV!!!!!

Edited by aussie_camry

I think a mouth watering proposition would be supercharging the IS350, not sure if you could just whack it on... but in theory its the same engine as the Aurion just with direct injection which makes it good for 230kw and 380Nm, add supercharger and you in theory get 270kw and 450Nm (Id say even more given that its RWD so no need to go conservative for traction). Now the IS350 in original form does the 100 in 5.8 seconds, with a supercharger it would be under 5. Can only dream on! Maybe if we are lucky this is the future of the TRD Aurion, eventually getting the direct injection version... then AWD.... then goodbye FPV and HSV!!!!!

There is more info on this car in this months wheels mag. Looks like TRD is going to do some good things, and the best part (all you TRD bashers) is that Australia is playing a massive part in it. Great for Aussie industries and exports. We might get load of other countries using Aussie components on hot Toyotas/ Lexus cars.

maybe i am a yobbo?

Don't know, I've never met you before. That's quite an unimpressive list of cars you've got there...the signs don't look good. hahahaha. No offence mate, just having a chuckle at the quote. :rolleyes:

Hey all I was wondering if anyone knows of the rumor going around the web about TRD going to start the Aurion into the V8 supercar series against the Fords and Holdens????

The Hammer