High revs after ignition

Chriz

I'm due to take my 2003 Corolla auto sedan into its 100,000km service soon. I bought it not too long ago at 95,000km. But anyway my question is, is it normal for for it to idle at around 2000rpm for maybe 3-5 minutes when you start the engine and while it warms up? It does slowly come down to below 1000rpm, but it sounds like it may be revving high when initially igniting and while the engine is still cold. When I've driven previously and then go back to start my car, and start the engine with the engine temp still close to the normal middle range, the revs go to below 1000rpm pretty quickly if not instantly.

I'm due to take my 2003 Corolla auto sedan into its 100,000km service soon. I bought it not too long ago at 95,000km. But anyway my question is, is it normal for for it to idle at around 2000rpm for maybe 3-5 minutes when you start the engine and while it warms up? It does slowly come down to below 1000rpm, but it sounds like it may be revving high when initially igniting and while the engine is still cold. When I've driven previously and then go back to start my car, and start the engine with the engine temp still close to the normal middle range, the revs go to below 1000rpm pretty quickly if not instantly.

my 1st 03 corolla hatch (auto) which i bought at 26,000ks did the same thing, i think its normal!

yes. good 'ol auto idle. when I start my car every morning, it's revs around 1800rpm then goes down rather quickly to 1200rpm. will sit there till normal running temp.

so it's nuffin to be afford of :D