How?

Zeus

I want to replace my head unit because it's broken (is now anyway). But I'm not sure how to take it out. I thought about D.I.Y. for taking the old one out, and then I'll get a new one. If I can't do it easy, I won't. I've attached a pic of what it looks like, I've ripped off the panel that's behind the detachable face, but not sure where to go from there.

post-5043-1188810938_thumb.jpg

pop the black surround off and undo the screwed located behind the ashtry. ir take the ash tray out and look behind there.

once you pop the black surround out there will be 4 nuts you'll need to undo which will revome the whole of the centre dsh. be wary of cables pluged into the AC controls and wot not.

you should then be able to remove the cage around the Headdeck and install a new one.

If I was in SA, id pop over and get it done for ya.

I did my mates GEN 4 recently and once I worked out where the screws were, I was fine.

any questions, ring my mobile 0414186682. and NO private numbers as i dont answers them :P

I want to replace my head unit because it's broken (is now anyway). But I'm not sure how to take it out. I thought about D.I.Y. for taking the old one out, and then I'll get a new one. If I can't do it easy, I won't. I've attached a pic of what it looks like, I've ripped off the panel that's behind the detachable face, but not sure where to go from there.

post-5043-1188810938_thumb.jpg

pull the black plastic, first you need to take out the ashtray n cigarette lighter, start pulling from the bottom and work your way up. Do it slowly and DONT RUSH!

then there are 4 bolts holding the cd n box. unscrew them and you're done :D

Thanks for that Pete and t0y0ta, I'll try trying. I should shop round for a new head unit too. I want something that has a black panel with a green-backlight. Something that matches the interior.

Yeah, I want something that will match. I'll probably still try and find the factory one, but so far I have found nothing. I don't really like the look of those one's with all the graphics, they don't look very good in older cars. But hey, that's my opinion!