WHAT U NEED 2 DO IF U HAVE A PROBLEM

xoom

Hi to all Fellow S'tivo owners & any other rolla owner experiencing problems.

I had a meeting today with a member of the management team for toyota technical.

I presented all the issues which we as members are facing with our cars i.e. rattles, buzzes, crunching, scraping etc etc etc.

Basically if i couldnt show it to him there and then today then there is nothing he can do about it for me as i dont have the problem.

Now many of u know i have been pushing and pressing with toyota really hard for over a year now to get resolution for issues we are having, but i am only 1 person and on face value it only appear that only a few of us are doing anything about our issues. I could be wrong but this is just how it appears.

The jist of it is. If u have a problem u will need to report it for yourself and do the leg work yourself. I have chased and chased and chased and what its boiled down to is toyota hasnt heard enough voices to do anything about certain things.

Issues with cars are sorted and priorities and basically put into a list & now u guys tell me if on one hand u had 200 customers complaining about an issue and on the other u hand only 2 customers complaining about an issue which would u attend to first ???? This is a rehtorical question so no smartasses :P :P You and i both know the answer...the 200 customers..... and this is what is happening today.

But seriously If you are not prepared to help yourselves well guys thats to bad because ive done all i can and i cant help u any more either. I am getting my issues which can be sorted addressed by toyota but cant do anything for you guys.

If u simply feel well yeah i rang the service dept and they gave me the run around so i cant do much n just sit on your a55 and complain on this forum well u need a good talking to. Dont just stop at the service dept. what am i saying ESCALATE IT !!!!

Over the last 12+ months i have gone from the dealership service rep to then the service manager followed by the dealership manager then i went to a new dealership and then also went through this process again. Once i got passed the dealership manager again and still didnt have my issue sorted i went to TMCA. Initially just delt with their reps then i went on to speak to the national manager for the reps to then the local tech manager and now at the east coast national manager for their tech dept. This appears as a short list but its been many phone calls/emails to each of these people.

As you can see i have spoken to many many many people. What have u done about it????? Sent an email or 2 made a phone call here or there. Sorry i dont mean to be patronising & i dont mean to rub anyone the wrong way but no one else can now do the work for u. U MUST DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

or

you can continue to either be lazy or not have the confidence to talk to toyota and u r going to get no where. If its the lazy thing then its ur problem but if its the confidence thing cauz u think toyota is a big organisation etc etc etc All i can say to u is what can they do 2 u ? honestly... DONT FORGET U R THE CUSTOMER SO BL00DY HE11 GUYS STARTING ACTING LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

Bill.......

p.s. shrunk the size just for stuart

Edited by xoom

Well Xoom great job and you deserve a pat on your back. But for me personally, the only problem with my Stivo now is the "unprovoked - clutch fully in" gear crunching (5 times in 12,000kms) and the shifter locking at high revs. However the crunching only happens once in a while so it is very difficult to duplicate for the service personnel. Even the locking up of the shifter has been put down by a mechanic as "normal". I have blown my relationship with one dealership over the issue and sent numerous emails to TMCA as well. Will try my best and see i how i go. If i don't get results i will not get ******, it is something i commited to and will accept it. Also hoping the TRD clutch and TOMs flywheel will fix the problem when i do get them.

correct me if i am wrong as i dont have the sportivo nor lightened flywheel but the flywheel is for revs and does your sportivo have problem revving? sure get it replaced in the same service to save on labour.

Edited by kcorro

correct me if i am wrong as i dont have the sportivo nor lightened flywheel but the flywheel is for revs and does your sportivo have problem revving? sure get it replaced in the same service to save on labour.

The only reason why we are getting the flywheel is for better acceleration that's all. Not for anything to do with te gear crunching. I pray everyday for the gears in the 6speed box to stay intact. When it does break it will be a long hard battle with Toyota.

YEAH im with ya buddy.

every time i speak to the service department i mention all the probs im having and all the people on this site that are having the same probs or how they had em fixed. so far so good but im going to step up a notch dealing with this sticking and crunchingof gears.

do you have the email and numbers of the main people to speek to in high up positons to take this up with instead of even wasting time getting the run around with the service and dealers managers?

speak to Jenny Stuart she is the national manager at the toyota call centre. If it needs to be escalated she will do it for you. Basically she is the highest u can go at the call centre i think.

Has anyone here had a field technician take a look at their car?

I had a field technician take a look at my car and he found all the problems and how to fix them. I had the sizzling problem fixed on that same day. One of the rubber seals were hanging loose under the car. Also the vibrations with the gear selector cable has been identified as a broken rubber grommet. When the guys at the service center replaced the gear selector cable they punched another hole in the grommet to pass the cable through. They idn't know where to pass the cable through so they decided to make another hole. What a bunch of D%$#heads! i am now waiting for the parts to arrive to get it replaced. The field technician also wants to be there when they replace it so that everything will be done properly.

I also asked him when we went for a test drive about the gears crunching. he said that he has not heard any complaints about it yet but will check up with Toyota in Melbourne to see if there is any reports on it. I will see him on Thurs when they replace the grommet to see if he has heard any issues. He is a really good bloke. Very helpful. If any guys in Sydney wants to have a field technician look at the car, just request for it. They come out once every 2-3 months to each dealer in Sydney. i had mine organised when I called Customer Relations. It puts pressure on the dealer to get things done properly.

1 of the technician's name is Greg. Top bloke. He will look after you.

ok as u all know that i complained to toyota aus (jenny) about the gear problem.... and i was sent back to my service dep. The took the car for a test drive and said I had a internal fault the clucth assembly. So they replaced my clutch assembly and machined down the flywheel. After a week of driving it.. this is the outcome.... 70% of the time hard to pull out of first and into second (same as before).. 30% it goes into 2nd not smooth likes Robs car which is like cutting a knife with buttter.. but goes in quite nicely....

Now i have to report this to toyota service again to let em know it didnt work.. so they can tell Toyota Aus that its still a prob.... and of course i will keep u all updated.

cheers all

Adrian

Edited by ADR_rolla

Has anyone here had a field technician take a look at their car?

I had a field technician take a look at my car and he found all the problems and how to fix them. I had the sizzling problem fixed on that same day. One of the rubber seals were hanging loose under the car. Also the vibrations with the gear selector cable has been identified as a broken rubber grommet. When the guys at the service center replaced the gear selector cable they punched another hole in the grommet to pass the cable through. They idn't know where to pass the cable through so they decided to make another hole. What a bunch of D%$#heads! i am now waiting for the parts to arrive to get it replaced. The field technician also wants to be there when they replace it so that everything will be done properly.

I also asked him when we went for a test drive about the gears crunching. he said that he has not heard any complaints about it yet but will check up with Toyota in Melbourne to see if there is any reports on it. I will see him on Thurs when they replace the grommet to see if he has heard any issues. He is a really good bloke. Very helpful. If any guys in Sydney wants to have a field technician look at the car, just request for it. They come out once every 2-3 months to each dealer in Sydney. i had mine organised when I called Customer Relations. It puts pressure on the dealer to get things done properly.

1 of the technician's name is Greg. Top bloke. He will look after you.

Thanks man, i will remember Greg and ask my dealer when he will be available. I live in the Wollongong area so i guess we have the same field technician.

With relation to the transmission did you ask him about the shifter "sticking" problem or you are lucky enough not to have that issue? And whats the vibration in the gear cables, is that the gear cable rattles you are getting? But good to hear most of the issues are not major just minor quality lapse.

In the meantime, Melbourne boys put your complaints forward please!!!!!!

Zee

Just got back from Toyota. I was speaking to the field technician in regards to the gear box issue. He has already put in a report in for my car about the problem shifting gears in high revs. That is all he can do as the gear boxes are made and designed in Japan. If enough people report it then they may do something about it. I have told him that we all have reported to our dealers and also emailed Jenny Stewart. He told me that I'm not the only one having the gear box issue as he has seen the list of problems with the car and this is one of them. All he suggests is to wait or take it up with Jenny as he is only a field tech.

So what I suggest everyone to do is request for a field tech to come out to your dealer to inspect your car. Then they would be able to put a report in for u. It would make our case stronger.

I've recieved a service feedback survey from Toyota Extra Care and will also be putting the issues in writing on this. I suggest you all do the same (if you have concearns) and be sure to be HONEST, no sugar coating. They need to know the problems exist before anything will happen.

I've recieved a service feedback survey from Toyota Extra Care and will also be putting the issues in writing on this. I suggest you all do the same (if you have concearns) and be sure to be HONEST, no sugar coating. They need to know the problems exist before anything will happen.

Again this reafirms Bill and myselves statements earlier.

Get into it guys. Write a letter to your dealers service manager and CC Jenny in on it.

If a corolla owners is alone in the forest and he grinds his gears? what sound does it make?????

NOTHING because no one heard it ;)

get my drift????

am i the only one here that actually DOESNT have any problems with their stivo? I don't get the rattles scrapping....... no issues with the gear selector cable. i figure the blokes must have had their eyes open when building mine..

my car runs like a dream..... smooth steedy!

am i the only one here that actually DOESNT have any problems with their stivo? I don't get the rattles scrapping....... no issues with the gear selector cable. i figure the blokes must have had their eyes open when building mine..

my car runs like a dream..... smooth steedy!

yeah but sunday driving like a granma on the way to chiurch doesnt count mike :P ;)

Guys,

I had one of the Regional TMCA tech out yesterday to drive my car and to look at my ongoing issues with gear changing or rather lack there of.

We went for a drive and managed to get things happening (borking etc.)

I left the car with them for the rest of the day and returned to pick it up late yesterday afternoon.

Unfortunatley the manager was not there to give me a personal update but he will be calling me today :D

oh and BTW - she is changing nice and smooth now.....dunno what they did...but she is alot better ;)

Rang Castle Hill Toyota (where i bought my car) and they said i have to take it in and they'll look at to why i'm having problems during gear changes.

my car now crunches or doesn't go in for 2ND, 3RD & 4TH Gear...

getting really really bad...

any hints or tips to what to say, so that they'll replace my gearbox/clutch?

- get them to drive it first

- tell them to drive it properly....none of this ill change at 4K rpm and take 2seconds to do it

- if they cant replicate the error tell them to try harder.

- dont let them tell you its 'your driving technique'

- let them know how many other people are having the same issue. give names if need be

- let them know we have a signifigant amount of owners who have replaced their clutch assembly with great results

- synchros 'dont' need to be under 6K rpm to change efectivley

- give them the car for the whole day and get them to drive it alot!!!!!! (my car came back yesterday with almost 100 extra K's on it) :blink: