WHAT U NEED 2 DO IF U HAVE A PROBLEM

xoom

Some of you may or may not have seen. But I have posted a Sticky at the top opf the Corolla forum for people to post their complaints to Toyota.

Please read this topic and place any relevant communications bewteen yourself and TMCA (email or written ONLY....no phone calls)

Issues Sticky

Edited by Danthuyer

• 1 year later...

Man what an old thread to bring back to life ....

So now almost 1.5 years on after starting this thread where have i found myself

Well Toyota has never EVER EVER EVER EVER seen my car back at any of their dealerships because i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER let those incompitent morons touch my car again. I swear some of the comments ive heard from their mechanics "mate u know ur not supposed to drive it over 6000 rpms" or "its not made to be reved that high" or "im sure we can sort that out with a cable tie" well just goes to show why they aint ever touching my car .....

I've replaced all the s.h.i.t parts that came stock with the car basically where toyota thought they could cut corners with 3rd party stronger and more durable parts and havent had a problem since ..... Lets just say its a crap load of parts and its cost me a few $$$$$ but oh well atleast its got my car how i wanted it out of the factory .... the thing toyota couldnt deliver a brand new car that was flawless :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Am i turned off from buy a toyota again .... i would probably say that i am .... after the rings n hoops these guys made people jump through to get stuff sorted .... then again i wonder if any other manufactorer is any better as ive heard just as big horror story's about other car manufactorers .....

So where to from here then .... well continue to replace more of the stock parts cuz toyota just doesnt know how 2 put together a hot hatch even if they were given the stupid engineering diagrams :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .....

cheers

Bill

When i purchased my 04 Sportivo used late October last year, i was aware of these gear slection problems. I asked if mine had this problem, the salesmen honestly admitted that it did, but assured me it would be fixed for when i took delivery. BUT alas the problem had not been fixed. I took it back no more then 1500km's after picking it up. I had with me the printed thread about the problem off this forum, which included what the problem was, all of our emails and how some people have fixed the problem.

I was told that they could only drain the oil out of the gearbox and put fresh stuff in. And while this did fix the issue, they said that it would come back again and all i could do was keep bringing it back and having the oil changed until Toyota desided to do a recall. This was preformed at about 33500km's. I had my next service due at 36000, by which time the problem had returned and i ask when i book my service if they could change the oil again. When i picked up the car i was told by one of the guys (who had the personality of a wet mop) that they had driven the car, and i was imagining the gear selection problems. Now being that i had been in less then 3000km's before and it had been reported before even purchasing the car, i was not too impressed.

Toyota telling us to go through the service dept. and work our way through them is NOT good enough, it is just delaying us from getting to their level. Which is only costing us money going to and from dealers to see their heirachy!

END RANT

mmmm sorry to hear about the problems some of you guys are having. Mine only has 8k on it and so far rattling doors grr (bring on the dynomat lol) and a clutch adjustment which was just done and now she launches perfect and gear changing is smooth staying in lift. But the suspension bits have been changed (so much bloody body roll) Yeah must be the silver ones that are good :D .

And i also have the shift issue at high RPM's and getting worse :(

:unsure:

Complained to Rob Stevenson a number of times at Woolloongabba (Southside Toyota), phone, email and in person, he is all talk and no action!

Tried to make a complaint to head office and they basicly told me to get stuffed and work my way up the chain (contact the dealer manager before calling them basically).

I simply just do not have the time to complain and follow up. only real time I do do this is during work and I'm flat out working (something that Toyota does not know how to do)

FB