HELP > where to get custom intake?

hey guys,

i wanna get a intake for my camry 06-07, but cant find any after market ones. my mates tell me to get it custom but i dont know any good places to get it done at. anyone got suggestions? also how long does it take to make?

Guest JDM y0 !

if you can just run a pod off the throttle body, haha sound is good, intake is cheap. ^__^ V

i know you can do dis on an ae82 with a 4age. i was gonna do it on my ae86 with smallport 4age but it wasnt gonna clear so i just bought some cheap piping from ricebarn in elizebeth street. the dood there was really helpful

Guest JDM y0 !

fo sho. whole car is diy style >__<"

just go ricebarn and measure yout throttle body (proberly 3inch im guessing) and get a filter to fit that (just go pod as its easy) and look at piping to buy to make it fit. i did that and made an intake for like 80 dollars. dont listen to when peeps tell you a an unenclosed pod may make you loose one hp. lol

any place that makes WRX intakes should be able to make one for your camry. The subaru's use the same denso MAF mount as the recent toyota's.

The actual fabrication should only take an hour or two once you decide on the route and design.

Make sure you measure the stock internal intake diameter at the MAF, you need to get this right on the aftermarket intakes to have them perform the best.

This 2ZZ intake I made on the weekend has an internal MAF airflow straightener welded in to ensure the MAF reads correctly:

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/2zzintake1.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/2zzintake2.jpg

Edited by rollamods

any place that makes WRX intakes should be able to make one for your camry. The subaru's use the same denso MAF mount as the recent toyota's.

The actual fabrication should only take an hour or two once you decide on the route and design.

Make sure you measure the stock internal intake diameter at the MAF, you need to get this right on the aftermarket intakes to have them perform the best.

This 2ZZ intake I made on the weekend has an internal MAF airflow straightener welded in to ensure the MAF reads correctly:

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/2zzintake1.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/2zzintake2.jpg

That intake looks gangster B)

Guest dong-soo
nah not yet.. still looking, dont think i'll do a dyi job. your going to black spur this sunday yeh? maybe you could show me yours!!

its this sunday ? oh i wont be there. i think the weekend will be too busy.

do you live city or close to the city ?

i can show you my intake, and also help you get pieces or design and plan what pieces needed.

EDIT.....

oh i just remebered you guys have MAF censors >., <"

dis could be a problem. i dont know.

Edited by dong-soo

i would leave it stock, all the heat soak is ganna make less power (2x in summer)

unless u get a CAI kit

cai... whats differences between intake and cold air intake. i thought it was the same..

hey guys,

i wanna get a intake for my camry 06-07, but cant find any after market ones. my mates tell me to get it custom but i dont know any good places to get it done at. anyone got suggestions? also how long does it take to make?

custom intake should cost between $250-300, depends the size of the pipe and the bending method. It should only take 1-3hr to make them. I got mine made on the same day in less than 2hrs. :D

Guest dong-soo

i juzt bought a pod and some piping from ricebarn cost me $80 and takes me less than 5 mins to put on.

works well...

noizy as ***** on ma 4age tho >__<"

oh no !