Exhaust options for sportivo

Hi guys,

Im new to the club - but not the brand!! Ive had toyotas for all my cars! Just upgraded from an 89 seca sx to a black 05 corolla sportivo!!

Just wondering if anyone had opinions on exhaust options as this one is totally standard and doesnt have a sound!!

Dad wants a remus - but there $800 odd and thats not installed - ouchi :blink:

Cheers

Yeah hes pretty cool - hes the one who wanted the sportivo first and now ive got it he just loves it - but he loves his cars - so like father, like daughter!!

But he knows stuff i dont have the foggiest about - like mufflers or exhausts or whatever!!

I want it to sound tough - but dont want it so loud that when i go to work on the weekends at 6am i wake the whole street or for it to be noisy inside cause i drive for 3hrs on highway to see some family a bit - ie from one end of tas to the other!! (probably only take me 2hrs in sportivo, he he!!) :whistling::yahoo:

So what you suggest??

if u just want to sound tough all you need is a muffler, plus u in tasmania, abit hard for u to get the CES full exhaust since they're in queensland, i have an

x-force twin loop s10, its quiet but it sounds real good if u step on the gas, and it screams when lift kicks in and it only cost 190 shipped to melbourne, the only down side is little drone on highway

BUT if your dad wants u to buy remus (and he's paying :spiteful: ) than of course get the remus

if u just want to sound tough all you need is a muffler, plus u in tasmania, abit hard for u to get the CES full exhaust since they're in queensland, i have an

x-force twin loop s10, its quiet but it sounds real good if u step on the gas, and it screams when lift kicks in and it only cost 190 shipped to melbourne, the only down side is little drone on highway

BUT if your dad wants u to buy remus (and he's paying :spiteful: ) than of course get the remus

Cool thanks!! I read the other forum about exhausts and it was all numbers and stuff - didnt really get it - so thanks!! Yeah makes it hard being in tas, your right if he wants one he can get me one - but i tried that and so far no good, might have to get sneaky :whistling:

I have a Remus and am very happy with the sound. Quiet at low revs and noise when you hit the loud peddle (and lift)! You will also notice a good improvement in driveability across the rev range (I think that it works best with a CAI) and don't forget to get a quick shifter! I am so jealous of those fantastic Tassie roads you have - just made for our cars! Exhaust or not - ENJOY!

I have a Remus and am very happy with the sound. Quiet at low revs and noise when you hit the loud peddle (and lift)! You will also notice a good improvement in driveability across the rev range (I think that it works best with a CAI) and don't forget to get a quick shifter! I am so jealous of those fantastic Tassie roads you have - just made for our cars! Exhaust or not - ENJOY!

Yeah Tassie has the best lifestyle!! The roads are great fun minus the potholes and speed cameras :whistling:

The sound definately has to match the sound!! :yahoo:

So the price at $880 is a what you pay for you get sorta thing?

Yeah Tassie has the best lifestyle!! The roads are great fun minus the potholes and speed cameras :whistling:

The sound definately has to match the sound!! :yahoo:

So the price at $880 is a what you pay for you get sorta thing?

$800 dollars is a lot of money in anyone’s language, and would it be the first $800 dollars I would spend modding the car - no. It all depends on priorities and preferences when driving. Will you be disappointed with the large twin pipes, awesome noise at full open throttle, high build quality or bolt on fitment? Again if you value these things it is hard to go past the Remus. The thing I love about these forums is all the different experiences that people have with their systems and if you buy a quality product that is endorsed by people here you will not be disappointed. I say go the Remus and good on your Dad - next you’ll say he owns a brewery!

and dont forget you can also mod your car's air intake to make some noise too, if u have money look at the TRD CAI in the group buy section, if u dont have much money to play with like me, you can just get a replacement filter and remove the snorkel( you can search on here for'SNORKEL' and you will find the step by step for removing it, its very easy) and it will make this deep induction noise when ever you floor it