2007 Corolla Headunit Removing Instructions

AUR15

Here is my Step by Step guide (with Photo's) on how to remove the factory Headunit from a 2007 Corolla or Auris. I know that this technique is 100% similar to the Hatch and Sedan models (As my Family has Both).

Here we go.

Tools needed.

Screw driver (philips and flat)

Socket set

Fingers

(sorry the pictures dont go in order)

Step 1:

Remove the Glove box (instructions on how to this are in the manual under air Con filter change) See Pic 1

Step 2:

Remove these side panels, gripping from top and use non-brutal force to remove them. see Pic 8

Step 3:

Remove the Dash part which holds the Hazard light and two Air Vents just above the Headunit and place gently on top of dash (pic 2), then remove frame thats surronds headunit. See pic 3

Step 4:

Remove these bolts (simple enough). See pic 2

Step 5:

Carefully remove headunit from housing. See pic 9

Step 6:

These are your wires. Will post cable colours in a few days. See pic 6

Step 7:

Here is the empty space left after you remove the headunit. See pic 7

Step 8:

This step involves you putting your new headunit (if thats what your attending to do). Note the metal side parts that connect the headunit to the frame (as circled in Pic 9). They must be removed from factory headunit and place on new one. Pic 5

Finished Product:

Here's my finished product :) Pic 4

Hope someone finds this helpful, and if so then my job is done :)

p.s If you have any enquires as to this guide don't hesitate the PM me as I could not put every little process of the removal in this guide.

post-4631-1190252530_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252538_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252549_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252558_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252567_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252574_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252580_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252586_thumb.jpg

post-4631-1190252592_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Hammer

Thats some nice work :D

i believe youve earnt some tocau points if there was a thing

is that the headunit that has mp3 6 stacker and bluetooth? if it is whats the bluetooth like is there a steering wheel button answer?

mods move to workshop submissions?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but stock looks better and won't depreciate the Corolla's otherwise excellent resale value.

I know, thats why I kept every stock piece so that if I do sell it, everything can go back to stock

Yeah it's their fault really, they need to have stock headunits that have everything already there, so people don't need to upgrade! Congrats on owning a new rolla though!!!

Edited by Zeus

• 2 months later...

hey mate .. i have one of these little pocket rockets... and was wondering were abouts you put the power cable through the firewall?

was also wondering if you know where i could get a wiring diagram for the speakers

hey mate .. i have one of these little pocket rockets... and was wondering were abouts you put the power cable through the firewall?

was also wondering if you know where i could get a wiring diagram for the speakers

The Gromit for the Firewall is behind the Passenger glove box, you should easily see it. With the wiring Diagram, I searched the internet and got like 3 different types of wiring diagrams, so I just got Autobarn to do the wiring for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I would of Loved to keep the Stock Headunit, but it was disappointing that it didn't even have a RCA output :(

yeh, my camry stock didnt have em as well, theres a convertor you can get, to have an rca output that connects to the stockheadunit. not the best but still does the work.

Yeah I would of Loved to keep the Stock Headunit, but it was disappointing that it didn't even have a RCA output :(

yeh, my camry stock didnt have em as well, theres a convertor you can get, to have an rca output that connects to the stockheadunit. not the best but still does the work.

Yeah I bought one, then took it back and decided to just get a new Headunit

• 2 weeks later...
Thats some nice work :D

i believe youve earnt some tocau points if there was a thing

is that the headunit that has mp3 6 stacker and bluetooth? if it is whats the bluetooth like is there a steering wheel button answer?

mods move to workshop submissions?

to answer that, there are green and red buttons on the headunit for receive and hang up.

• 2 months later...

Hey moderator's do you think this could be pinned? I have noticed a few threads around the forum relating to this thread?

Thanks

AUR15

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I just installed my AVX-810. Works great, and looks great apart from one thing. There's about a cm either side of the headunit. Anyone have any idea on how I might cover these holes? Much like the OP did in his finished product picture : http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&id=4214

Ok, I just installed my AVX-810. Works great, and looks great apart from one thing. There's about a cm either side of the headunit. Anyone have any idea on how I might cover these holes? Much like the OP did in his finished product picture : http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&id=4214

You mean those little gap fillers beside the headunit, go to your local Car audio store like Autobarn or something and get them to order some. The ones i have there are pioneer ones universial for Toyota double Din headunits. Im sure your local Store will know wat you mean

Reece

• 1 month later...

You mean those little gap fillers beside the headunit, go to your local Car audio store like Autobarn or something and get them to order some. The ones i have there are pioneer ones universial for Toyota double Din headunits. Im sure your local Store will know wat you mean

Reece

i knoe what the Foam ! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is my Step by Step guide (with Photo's) on how to remove the factory Headunit from a 2007 Corolla or Auris. I know that this technique is 100% similar to the Hatch and Sedan models (As my Family has Both).

Here we go.

Tools needed.

Screw driver (philips and flat)

Socket set

Fingers

(sorry the pictures dont go in order)

Step 1:

Remove the Glove box (instructions on how to this are in the manual under air Con filter change) See Pic 1

Step 2:

Remove these side panels, gripping from top and use non-brutal force to remove them. see Pic 8

Step 3:

Remove the Dash part which holds the Hazard light and two Air Vents just above the Headunit and place gently on top of dash (pic 2), then remove frame thats surronds headunit. See pic 3

Step 4:

Remove these bolts (simple enough). See pic 2

Step 5:

Carefully remove headunit from housing. See pic 9

Step 6:

These are your wires. Will post cable colours in a few days. See pic 6

Step 7:

Here is the empty space left after you remove the headunit. See pic 7

Step 8:

This step involves you putting your new headunit (if thats what your attending to do). Note the metal side parts that connect the headunit to the frame (as circled in Pic 9). They must be removed from factory headunit and place on new one. Pic 5

Finished Product:

Here's my finished product :) Pic 4

Hope someone finds this helpful, and if so then my job is done :)

p.s If you have any enquires as to this guide don't hesitate the PM me as I could not put every little process of the removal in this guide.

hi

can u tell me what each colour is connected to? i like how you included the colours of the cables, but i would like to know which cables are connected to what.

• 1 month later...