Noisy Gearbox

The stivos done just over 8,500K in 6 months. Now after driving for a while I notice that the gearbox (I assume that's what it is) is making a noise... The noise is hard to describe but imagine a clothes dryer, running a cycle and that would be close.

When I push the clutch pedal to the floor the noise goes away. The problem is not evident when I first start driving and perhaps is heat related i.e. when things heat up it starts making the noise.

The reason I notice it is because when I am stopped at traffic lights the car is in neutral and my foot is off the clutch.

Anyone had a simialar problem/had the problem addressed by Toyota. By the bye South Side Toyota (QLD) has no memo's in relation to the gear cable/selector problem. I will call Toyota Care and see what the go is...

Anyway I am off to South Side Toyota now to get the car checked out (10:30PM) to have the car put up on the hoist. A bucket came off the back of a ute and went underneath the car -- doesn't appear to be any damage to the spoiler etc. but the bucket was under the car (it was quite large) for about 100M and I want to make sure there's no other damage ! :(

Hey Sporthatch 141

Sound like possibly a throw out bearing related noise. If noise is there when in neutral and clutch is engaged then it could be gearbox otherwise it sounds like it could be throw out bearing. Hames has had problems with his too. Done under warranty. Tell southside toyota to order shifter cables in as i'm going to get mine done there too in the next week or so with the recall.

Cheers SILVABULLIT

PS. Are you coming to the dyno/ show and shine day on the 20th Nov? Only 4 spots for dyno run available. Drop me a line. :D

I have that noise in mine too, when clutch pedal is pressed in it disappears. My noise is more of a tapping noise. Had that since 1000km service and i have now 12000kms. Put the question forward on my first service and they couldn't fault anything. I will get them to take a look again and see what they can do. Does the throw out bearing affect overall performance at all because Shao had his replaced and the gearshifter was still getting stuck. Gets rid of the annoying noise though.

Zee

Edited by ZEEROLLA