1995 Camry RH Tail Light Lens Separating

Tash

Hi all, been a long time since I posted here so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I got rear ended last month and after having repairs done it seems that the accident has aggravated an underlying problem - water/condensation previously got into my RH drivers side tail light but I'm told now that the lens is actually separating from it and is probably going to need to be replaced. The RACV/Repairer are still discussing whether it should be replaced because of the accident, but don't think that's going to happen. The car was taken back to them a second time today because the gaps around the tail lights/boot was too large (not fixed properly).. its been reduced but unfortunately still a little bigger than all the other Camry's.

Anyway I've two options seeings the tail light lens is probably going to work its, and lord knows what else, way out. I could attempt to use some kind of adhesive to glue the lens back to the light and hope it works, or replace the whole assembly. Super Cheap Auto have a pair of performance tail lights for $195 and they said they're like those clear ones you can get for Commodores etc.. Has anyone seen what they look like or if they're any good? The car is Panama Blue (green colour) so not sure what it'd look like.

Any input on the matter is much appreciated :)

Edited by Tash

Thanks for the input CHROMEEZ and the link vivioman - thinking I'll just wait until it does (or if) it falls out and worry about replacing it then. You can't tell anyway unless you push it in (its sort of wiggly in its place), and I doubt it'll pop out unless its seriously windy/a lot of water gets in or something, and it never rains in Bendigo lol

Toyota should have one (not sure how much). But if the repairs weren't carried out properly, they are the one's that should fix it!

Toyota quoted $189 for one RH light... Unfortunately though for me the lens was already starting to separate prior to the accident, and the accident has aggravated it, so that's what they're "arguing" about. Don't think its going to be replaced, but its okay and you cant actually tell unless you push on it, so I'm not worried about it falling out or anything. If it does think I'll go for a set of those 'performance' tail lights anyway seeings they're only $5 more for a pair than Toyota's price for 1 light.